ASUS Z97-PRO 6 SATA ports 2 are different than other 4 how?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

and one more thing. should i go with 1hhd+1ssd or 1ssd+1sshd?

One HDD and SSD, SSHD is only really good for load times and bootup on things where you can put some of that money from an SSHD back into getting a larger SSD. 

There are 2 types of sata ports. Can u please explain how are they different and will i suffer any compatibility issue in using more than 2 SSDs or any speed difference.

By the way i was planing to put 1 SSD(120gb) and 1SSHD (2tb) will i suffer with compatibility issue if any. also should i go for 1 ssd and 1hdd but hdd and sshd were of almost same price. 

There are 2 types of sata ports. Can u please explain how are they different and will i suffer any compatibility issue in using more than 2 SSDs or any speed difference.

By the way i was planing to put 1 SSD(120gb) and 1SSHD (2tb) will i suffer with compatibility issue if any. also should i go for 1 ssd and 1hdd but hdd and sshd were of almost same price. 

They are all 6Gb/s sata ports the two black ones run off a third party controller by Asmedia, I suggest to using the SSD and HDD on the native Intel ports (grey) and then populate the black ones last if you happen to fill all those sata ports.

No compatibility issues, but the off brand ones usually by Mediatek or some sort are usually a tad slower than the ones from the mobo chipset.  That's about it.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

No compatibility issues, but the off brand ones usually by Mediatek or some sort are usually a tad slower than the ones from the mobo chipset.  That's about it.

They are all 6Gb/s sata ports the two black ones run off a third party controller by Asmedia, I suggest to using the SSD and HDD on the native Intel ports (grey) and then populate the black ones last if you happen to fill all those sata ports.

One HDD and SSD, SSHD is only really good for load times and bootup on things where you can put some of that money from an SSHD back into getting a larger SSD. 

hmm so u asking me to go with ssd+hdd and put that extra money(of that of sshd) to buy a larger ssd?

hmm so u asking me to go with ssd+hdd and put that extra money(of that of sshd) to buy a larger ssd?

Yes, SSD and HDD.