Best locally saved coding course for ios

xvantok

Hey guys in a but if a rush as have to go to grabs, but that is where my question stems from.

I want to begin to teach myself a language so I thought let's put this 7 hour drive to good use!

What is the best coding course (ideally C#) for an io7 iPad air? The whole course MUST be saved locally as I won't have internet for these 7 hours and ideally the app will be free!

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Hey guys in a but if a rush as have to go to grabs, but that is where my question stems from.

I want to begin to teach myself a language so I thought let's put this 7 hour drive to good use!

What is the best coding course (ideally C#) for an io7 iPad air? The whole course MUST be saved locally as I won't have internet for these 7 hours and ideally the app will be free!

Should learn Swift for iOS development :D  its a great place to start :)

https://www.apple.com/swift/

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

C# and Apple? Sorry not going to happen.

C# is designed with windows as it main target (.NET Framework). However there are some compilers that make it possible to compile linux or OSX binaries.

iOS is just not possible and will probably never be. The linux part is called "Project Mono". I forgot how the library / compiler for OSX was called, but I am sure a quick google search will point you in the right direction.

However, C# code can be written for Windows Phone and XBOX out of the box.

If you want to code on iOS, the only language that is supported (besides of script languages) by that operating system is Objective C.

My beast (PC):

• ASUS R.O.G. Rampage IV Black Edition, X79, LGA2011, AC4
  • 2x ASUS Fury X
  • Intel Core i7 4930K BOX (LGA 2011, 3.40GHz) OC @4.4GHz
  • Corsair H100i, CPU Cooler (240mm)
  • Samsung SSD 830 Series (512GB)
  • Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB
  • Western Digital 512GB HDD
  • TridentX 4x 8GB 2400MHz
  • Corsair Obsidian 900D

If you haven't programmed before, don't start on iOS. It's a much better idea to start on your main machine. I assume you have a mac (since you want to develop for iOS). I recommend starting with python or C#. Objective-C has a rather big learning curve. 

C# is a originally a Microsoft only thing, but people have made an open version, which is cross platform: http://www.monodevelop.com/
If you are interested in games, it also worth taking a look at Unity 5, which uses C# and Javascript for scripts.
You can get python for mac here: https://www.python.org/downloads/mac-osx/\

Just go find some tutorials and follow those for the language of your choice.

You can use C# for iOS development if you want to build apps with Xamarin. Other companies accomplish a similar effect with other languages like Java. However, if you want to build native apps then learn Swift (some Objective-C may also be required).

ebooks, saving web pages, and downloading online videos are all options.

If you haven't programmed before, don't start on iOS. It's a much better idea to start on your main machine. I assume you have a mac (since you want to develop for iOS). I recommend starting with python or C#. Objective-C has a rather big learning curve. 

C# is a originally a Microsoft only thing, but people have made an open version, which is cross platform: http://www.monodevelop.com/

If you are interested in games, it also worth taking a look at Unity 5, which uses C# and Javascript for scripts.

You can get python for mac here: https://www.python.org/downloads/mac-osx/\

Just go find some tutorials and follow those for the language of your choice.

Nooope, currently my iPad is my main machine :,( because I can't build my computer as I don't have enugh funds yet and my 10 year old laptop I used to have died a few months ago so yeah my iPad and my iPhone 4S are my main machines...

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Nooope, currently my iPad is my main machine :,( because I can't build my computer as I don't have enugh funds yet and my 10 year old laptop I used to have died a few months ago so yeah my iPad and my iPhone 4S are my main machines...

Are you planning to actually code on the iOS device itself? If so I believe your options are very limited. Some options are

• Cloud IDEs/Online Compilers
  • Remote connect to another computer with the software you need
  • Write the files with some text editor and run them when you get to use another computer with the software you need

I don't think they will let you compile/run anything locally. Might have some options if it's Jailbroken. Someone else may know more.