OnePlus One modem update increases performance

_ASSASSIN_

When oxygenOS came, it also included a firmware update. Personally I have yet to use the ROM, but XDA user saurabhrck has extracted and made a flashable .zip of the new firmware update and one for just the modem. I flashed just the modem and I'm already seeing gains in speed with speed test.

You can download and flash it yourself here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/radio-updated-modem-radio-files-oxygen-t3072516

PS. to any nerds, I was using cubic algorithm for TCP congestion control.

Whoops, forgot to post, here are the gains I get with the modem update, second one being with the latest oxygen os update.

Also note that this is only for lollipop ROMs.

post-1428-0-55829800-1428360278_thumb.pn

post-1428-0-98362400-1428360302_thumb.pn

Well my phone gets close to 20mbps pretty much the speed of my internet, I won't see a benefit I don't think. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Well my phone gets close to 20mbps pretty much the speed of my internet, I won't see a benefit I don't think. 

it's also for cellular data connection so it's worth it if you are on lollipop.

it's also for cellular data connection so it's worth it if you are on lollipop.

Oh right I thought it was for wifi, I don't really use cellar that much, as the coverage where I live is awful, don't even get 3G/HSPA(that's the american one isnt it), anyway when I go to uni I will be using a lot more data so I will download that in anticipation. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Looks like you're testing over wifi.....it's great that you're able to get speeds closer to your specified speeds at home, but I wonder if cellular data would be any different. There are claims that it makes the signal more "stable" though.