Basic Camera Recommendation

Hello,

My grandma wants a new camera, so I'm looking for recommendations (as I'm not much of a camera guy). She is a realtor, so most of her pictures will be of the inside of houses. The only important features she needs are manual flash and good pictures in low light (is this the ISO setting?). She has trouble with her hands (arthritis), so it would be nice to have something on the lighter end as far as weight.

Thanks in advance!

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Has she had any experience with different camera before? If so, what brand? 

This factor may play very well into the decision. Because if she is used to the other one, the transition from the old to the new will be easier. Same-ish IU and controls. 

With that, a basic point and shoot is good enough. The only thing I'm concerned about, is the pictures inside of houses. I've met and shot real estate photographers in my time and they seem to be in love with their Wide-angle lenses. And this, I'm afraid is some thing the ordinary P&S just cant do. Now, with regards to the shakiness part, we do not want photos with a lot of camera shake. I would get a cheap monopod too. Albeit that most of the cameras now, even pointandshoots, have great ISO performance in Low light - at the end of the day they still have tiny sensors (analogous to the film in older cameras) and have very little surface area for the light to hit and be gathered. So the shutterspeeds you would get from these would still be low and if you push the ISO, probably introduce a lot of noise into the shot. 

Main Gaming Rig/Folding Machine: Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz / H100 with Sickleflow Fans/ Corsair 600t / XFX 6950 / 16GB DDR3

Folding/Media PC: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/ Fractal Design Core 1000 / 4GB DDR2 

Ultrabook : Samsung NP530 Ultrabook. 

Any NIkon Coolpix's would do the job just fine and if she gets good with the camera she could take panaramic shots :)

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

Has she had any experience with different camera before? If so, what brand? 

This factor may play very well into the decision. Because if she is used to the other one, the transition from the old to the new will be easier. Same-ish IU and controls. 

With that, a basic point and shoot is good enough. The only thing I'm concerned about, is the pictures inside of houses. I've met and shot real estate photographers in my time and they seem to be in love with their Wide-angle lenses. And this, I'm afraid is some thing the ordinary P&S just cant do. Now, with regards to the shakiness part, we do not want photos with a lot of camera shake. I would get a cheap monopod too. Albeit that most of the cameras now, even pointandshoots, have great ISO performance in Low light - at the end of the day they still have tiny sensors (analogous to the film in older cameras) and have very little surface area for the light to hit and be gathered. So the shutterspeeds you would get from these would still be low and if you push the ISO, probably introduce a lot of noise into the shot. 

Any NIkon Coolpix's would do the job just fine and if she gets good with the camera she could take panaramic shots :)

She actually uses a Nikon Coolpix now, but feels like her pictures are of bad quality. I didn't know this before (the reason why I didn't tell you), but it is important that she can take good video as well for a walkthrough of the houses.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

A micro 4/3 camera might be something to look into, and a nice wide angle lens ( careful with crop factor)