My First Build......ish

PhoraWild

Hey so this is my first post on what is my first build! I used to mess around a lot with computers when I was younger and basically took everyone's scrap towers and components to build up the best I could, but this is my first attempt at a build from scratch so I was pretty excited. I did a fair bit of research through forums etc (mainly LinusTechTips) into what I should be getting for my requirements, prices and how to build. Let me know your thoughts on everything from components choice, quality of build and anything else you think might expand my knowledge. Thanks :)

post-197939-0-75117600-1428160013_thumb.post-197939-0-35713800-1428160017_thumb.post-197939-0-07772400-1428160016_thumb.post-197939-0-81962700-1428160014_thumb.

CPU - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition

Mobo - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

GPU - MSI R9 280X Twin Frozr

Cooling - Corsair H100i (I put SP120 Quiet Edition on it)

PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 850w 80+ Gold

RAM - G. Skillz RipjawsX 1866Mhz 2X8GB

Storage - Crucial 240Gb Mx100 SSD, WD 1TB Blue Cavier HDD

Case - Corsair 450D

I'll start swapping out the fans for better looking ones as I get money, also looking at getting twin Dell U2414H Monitors as currently using our other TV ha!

Now to start overclocking this thing!!!!!

Usage - Girlfriend will do some light gaming and office work. I'll be doing some audio recording/editing, heavier gaming and office work.

One of the best Balanced builds I've seen in a long time. Good job op! Enjoy it!

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Well, normally I dont like that FX CPU, but I think for non gaming it's fine.

Pretty good looking too, I really like the MSI Twin Frozr design.

@PhoraWild

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

overkill on PSU and cooling but that gives you lots of room to grow. and you better hope that DX12 will deliver

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yeah room for growth was certainly something I thought about, hence the hefty PSU and with the cooling I'd read some horror stories about the FX ranges heat thus the H100i, also hoping it can be used for any upgrades in the future. Whole thing came it at £1012 delivered, which I thought was reasonable, I'd actually started off looking at stupidly high spec stuff and gradually reigned myself in. Had some sleepless night over the R9 280X!! Kinda wanted to hit that sweet spot of performance to price with everything too. I'm so chuffed you guys like it!!!! Need a little practice with the cable management, but I'd forgotten how much fun I have doing this sort of thing! I've actually been playing AC: Unity on Ultra but with FXAA settings unclocked and it seeeeeeeeeems to be doing OK, I've not ran any tests or even check the frame rates though, that's just off my own eyes. Been a long time consoler so I'm used to random frame drops haha