Simple budget mic solution?

Guilty Baby

All I want to do it with is Skype while I game with my friends. However, I don't really want to wear earphones or having a giant mic blocking my screen while doing it.

You guys got any recommendation on what mic I should get? Preferably under 80 dollars. 

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)

All I want to do it with is Skype while I game with my friends. However, I don't really want to wear earphones or having a giant mic blocking my screen while doing it.

You guys got any recommendation on what mic I should get? Preferably under 80 dollars. 

Do you mean you don't want to wear headphones?

Do you mean you don't want to wear headphones?

Yeah, pretty sure he meant he didn't want a headset or anything.  Not sure if the modmic would work well if you jury rigged it to a desk.

If not, maybe something like a Blue Snowball or a Blue Snowflake?  I'm not too familiar with desktop mics, but if you're not planning on doing any recording or anything, those should at least be passable.

Stay away from the $8 Audio Technica mic.  It's absolute garbage.\

If you also need a decent webcam, the mics that are built into most logitech webcams aren't half bad.

Yeah, pretty sure he meant he didn't want a headset or anything. Not sure if the modmic would work well if you jury rigged it to a desk.

If not, maybe something like a Blue Snowball or a Blue Snowflake? I'm not too familiar with desktop mics, but if you're not planning on doing any recording or anything, those should at least be passable.

Stay away from the $8 Audio Technica mic. It's absolute garbage.\

If you also need a decent webcam, the mics that are built into most logitech webcams aren't half bad.

Yep. That's what I meant. Which Logitech webcam would you recommend?

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)

Yep. That's what I meant. Which Logitech webcam would you recommend?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I've got the C270, but I'd recommend going for one of the nicer ones like the C920.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I've got the C270, but I'd recommend going for one of the nicer ones like the C920.

I have the C920 - good stuff. Autofocus is much improved over prior models.