Oh, Indecision! Task Chair Options!

atoff

I admit to be incredibly, insanely indecisive.  Case in point, I have every piece of hardware for my new PC, but it's still on hold because I can't decide on a motherboard (It's been a month).   So, now I need a new desk chair.  Here's the problem... what's very comfortable for most people hurts me.  I have fractures in my spine, pain in my entire back, neck, and hips.  I've tried out many many chairs, from cheapy $60 chairs, to $3000 chairs.  I've tried all the chairs from Herman Miller, Steelcase, and others.  I recently tried one that wasn't perfect by any means, but it seemed to conform to my body the best.  The downside is that the back wasn't as cushioned as I need it to be, but I'm going to go ahead and order it anyway, and hope the leather option I add will add some padding.  

Anyway, here's the chair I'm looking to buy http://www.thehumansolution.com/nightingale-iq2-7300-chair.html#optionBlockTop

But being the indecisive person I am, I can't decide on colors / options.  I'll seriously go a month deciding on colors alone, so could use some opinions. 

My first choice was the white frame with headrest, and Clay - leather upholstery.  But it started to look a little medical device-ish to me.  So started thinking black without headrest, with Bone - leather, but I still can't decide.  

Coming from a purely aesthetic standpoint, headrest or no headrest, what do you guys think? 

What options would you choose with this chair, keeping in mind that I'd like a leather back, even if the seat were to be fabric.

Thanks all for opinions!  

I'm actually going to go look at chairs this afternoon. Probably will end up with a used Steelcase Criterion.

I'd go for a headrest, White frame and Black fabric - but that's just me and my love of black and white. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I'm actually going to go look at chairs this afternoon. Probably will end up with a used Steelcase Criterion.

I'd go for a headrest, White frame and Black fabric - but that's just me and my love of black and white. 

The Steelcase Think was actually pretty nice.  I preferred it over the Leap, which is their highest rated model. You might want to check that out too.  Used, it goes for about $255 in my area on Craigslist.  The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't lock in a back position, so it kind of forces you to sit very upright.  I weigh very little, so I don't have that weight to make the back stay reclined.  

I like the white frame too, but the black looks pretty cool too.  I'm a mess when it comes to decision! Appreciate your feedback!   The white does add to the cost.  The white frame + headrest adds about $107 to the price. 

The Steelcase Think was actually pretty nice.  I preferred it over the Leap, which is their highest rated model. You might want to check that out too.  Used, it goes for about $255 in my area on Craigslist.  The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't lock in a back position, so it kind of forces you to sit very upright.  I weigh very little, so I don't have that weight to make the back stay reclined.  

I like the white frame too, but the black looks pretty cool too.  I'm a mess when it comes to decision! Appreciate your feedback!   The white does add to the cost.  The white frame + headrest adds about $107 to the price. 

yeah, this is one thing i require. I have alot of "on phone" time, which results in me sitting back, and Id rather not recline. 

Yikes. But then, it is already a $600 chair...

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

yeah, this is one thing i require. I have alot of "on phone" time, which results in me sitting back, and Id rather not recline. 

Yikes. But then, it is already a $600 chair...

Yeah, it's quite pricey.  With the options I chose, and with a discount of 5%, my total quote was $1014.  If I go with a black frame, no headrest, it'll go down to about $907 shipped.

The leather and upholstered back / seat is what bumped the price mostly.