Acer vs Asus

DotoreN

These 2 brands are really popular notebook/ultrabook brands.

Acer always had a bad reputation due to their services (I myself have had a 4year old acer laptop that never broke down aka good experience). But I heard Asus had quite a bad hardware support aswell.

With what brand do you have a better experience with and why or why not?

If you would buy a notebook right now, would you go for an Acer or Asus?

I like Asus much better, just because of past experiences I've had with Acer.

These 2 brands are really popular notebook/ultrabook brands.

Acer always had a bad reputation due to their services (I myself have had a 4year old acer laptop that never broke down aka good experience). But I heard Asus had quite a bad hardware support aswell.

With what brand do you have a better experience with and why or why not?

If you would buy a notebook right now, would you go for an Acer or Asus?

That depends on the price and performance. Don't shop by brands. Choose your laptop by design, hardware and features. And then have a look at the brand.

Acer, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, and all those other brands make awesome laptops. (Apart from Apple of course)

That depends on the price and performance. Don't shop by brands. Choose your laptop by design, hardware and features. And then have a look at the brand.

Acer, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, and all those other brands make awesome laptops. (Apart from Apple of course)

If one brand has bad services/support, I would not even consider their products. Service and support doesn't change depending on the product in the same category.

@Blebekblebek Why Dell? I used to hate dell as their laptops were never universal... but since I heard a lot about the XPS 13, maybe that changed.

Ive had an acer netbook and laptop the only bad experiences Ive had with them is the chargers seem to go on them. and seems to be the plug/ cable around the plug

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

If one brand has bad services/support, I would not even consider their products. Service and support doesn't change depending on the product in the same category.

Service and support change all the time depending to the person you talk with on the other side.

I've seen a lot of companys that had a really bad support in the beginning and are now really good in it. That can also go the other way around.

And just because a few people say, that one brand has a bad support, it doesn't mean it is actually bad. You would need hundreds of people that would complain about one brand and their support to safely say, that their support is bad.

This is a awful poll. Each company is targeting different users and building their products to different ideals. The better question to ask is "How does Acer and ASUS design their computers and who do they target with them?"

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

This is a awful poll. Each company is targeting different users and building their products to different ideals. The better question to ask is "How does Acer and ASUS design their computers and who do they target with them?"

Acer has always been known for their bad customer support, I simply owned a 4year old acer laptop that never broke down so I have no experience with their service.

I've been looking for advice on both acer & asus models, and most of the people say "don't even consider acer", that's why this poll, I just want to know why people think it's bad.

if you get a good machine chance you need a support is close to zero so you don't have to go through that.

Acer machine is bad, and ASUS support is rather mixed

while other may not agreed but anything had to do with Acer brand = sucks in my books, I have to wait an hour to get in line, when finally got someone, they charge me 20$ to inspect the computer, and another $40 to replace the broken parts, and wait for a week to get the machine back, and this is still with warranty, and finally get it back after 2 months

My personal laptop is lenovo, but I've bought DELL for my mother.

Which brand is usually one of the last things I ask myself when buying. I usually 1st determine my budget then search for the model available within my budget and choose the best one through reviews and user feedbacks. As to customer support, they usually outsource this to other companies so it is really hard to tell which one is good or bad.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Acer has always been known for their bad customer support, I simply owned a 4year old acer laptop that never broke down so I have no experience with their service.

I've been looking for advice on both acer & asus models, and most of the people say "don't even consider acer", that's why this poll, I just want to know why people think it's bad.

This whole forum is going to favor ASUS because it suits this audience. But when you go out into the "95% world" people have never heard of the name ASUS. There is nothing wrong with either of the two companies as they both do, what they do, at a very high and respectable level.

The question really isn't "Which company is better" but rather what do you want out of a computer and company.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE