Downloads folder changes icon

Go to solution Solved by Satlen,

That is because you have files in your downloads folder. Its called live folders and it changes the icons to contain icons from stuff in the folder. I bet if you delete everything in your downloads, it will go away. Or if you change the icon size to something smaller. You can disable live folders/icons if you want: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/73715-thumbnails-windows-explorer.html?ltr=T

Also, because you have changed your download folder to something other than the default, it does not have the same icon as the actual default downloads folder. You can create a shortcut to the new downloads folder, and change the icon of the shortcut.

So I just got my first SSD and so far I am loving it.

After I installed Windows 8.1 on it, I moved my Downloads folder to my F drive, but the second I download something the folder icon changes from the "Downloads" icon to an "open folder with files" icon, and it is really bugging me that it does this. If empty the folder and reboot my pc the original icon will come back, until the next time I download something. 

Does anyone know why it does this and how to fix it? 

PS: the Downloads folder is the one called "Overførsler".

post-9185-0-81763800-1427932565.png

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

Steam: zonetrooper90 | PSN: zonetrooper90 | NNID: zonetrooper90 |

What? It looks fine to me.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

That's how my Downloads folder looks

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

What? It looks fine to me.

How does it look fine? 

this is the normal icon that folder has

Downloads-Folder-Windows-8.png

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

How does it look fine? 

Because thats the legitimate windows one...

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

How does it look fine? 

Maybe its just a windows 8 thing?

K70 RGB

OH it's showing the files inside of it. Nothing to worry about.

It is bugging the s**t out of my...  it have never done this before this install

Maybe its just a windows 8 thing?

Have never had it happen before on Windows 8

I don't know why you are on the favorites tab, I never go there.

K70 RGB

I believe the option for folder icon is in Right Click -> Properties -> General? -> Something About Icons

I think it's the last tab in the properties menu of a folder from memory

Can't check now, I'm not using a windows machine

That is because you have files in your downloads folder. Its called live folders and it changes the icons to contain icons from stuff in the folder. I bet if you delete everything in your downloads, it will go away. Or if you change the icon size to something smaller. You can disable live folders/icons if you want: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/73715-thumbnails-windows-explorer.html?ltr=T

Also, because you have changed your download folder to something other than the default, it does not have the same icon as the actual default downloads folder. You can create a shortcut to the new downloads folder, and change the icon of the shortcut.

Then I just don't understand why it has never done this before...

Then I just don't understand why it has never done this before...

an easy fix would be to tight click, click on customize and change folder icon. Now choose the preferred icon. Easy! :)