Will this PSU work?

Noguiguy
Go to solution Solved by Rektagon,

Try to get something a little more modular so the cables wont mess up the airflow in your case. Like the EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular Power Supply. This power supply with defiantly be able to power any graphics cards you through at it. But it does come in at double what you price range it so. The power supply should be fin if you don't plan on upgrading massively.

I am going to use Linus's APU (Kaveri) build guide for a new system. I found this power supply and it seems it is good, yet it is pretty cheep from all sources. I know it isn't good to use a PSU too big, but I am going to use it for future builds... Will it work with this build and why is it so cheap?

Link here: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100w10500kr

PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Any help would be great...

Also as a side note: What other graphics cards will work in crossfire with the Kaveri architecture. I feel as though the R7 250 is a little underpowered. Are there any better alternatives? If not should I just get multiple R7 250s?

maybe consider an R9 270x? 

Ok wow, I didn't think that would work in crossfire

Ok wow, I didn't think that would work in crossfire

Yes it won't daul graphics with the APU but you will have better results.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Try to get something a little more modular so the cables wont mess up the airflow in your case. Like the EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular Power Supply. This power supply with defiantly be able to power any graphics cards you through at it. But it does come in at double what you price range it so. The power supply should be fin if you don't plan on upgrading massively.

Well, a quality 300w PSU would be plenty for that system like the Seasonic SS-300ET for example.

If you are looking at that due to rebates, I would suggest getting the Rosewill Capstone 550w instead for $10 more, as it is a much better unit than that EVGA you are looking at. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone550

Of course, that would be overkill, as it can power a setup with an GTX980 with OCs.

If you are looking for a Fully modular unit, then I would recommend the XFX XTR 550w: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550bbefx

I'll get that thx

If you missed it, look at my post.

Quite honestly, rather than spending $20+ on a PSU that is powering a system that doesn't draw more than 200w, you are better off spending that money on the GPU / CPU.

I'll get that thx

The NEX650G is NOT a good electrically performing power supply, just because it's EVGA does not mean it's amazing for the price.

"Rawr XD"