Do i need a bigger psu?

Im currently running

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750w Gold G1

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ OC 4.4GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR3 RAM 2x 4GB + 8GB

MB: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

GPU: (x2) MSI R9 270x (one is a HAWK edition)

Storage: Segate 4TB and WD 1TB Green HDD's

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD

Cooling: NZXT Kraken x40 closed loop (For CPU) w/ Noctua NF-A14

(x3) 140mm and (2) 120mm fans in the case

I'm asking because i recently added my 2nd 270x and i am getting utilization issues in crossfire when the 2nd card is installed, and at one point my pc shutoff without warning in the middle of BF hardline game.

(im assuming yes but i want to know what the community thinks before i go and spend 170$)

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Nope your psu is fine/over kill. You could add another gpu and still be ok :)

Edit: i see you did. Make sure everything is plugged up right (probably is). Download occt and use the psu load tester. Or does it shut off when benchmarking?

As blackadder said you PSU is perfectly fine for your rig even with Xfire. You could try benchmarking each card separately it could be a problem with one of the cards.

As blackadder said you PSU is perfectly fine for your rig even with Xfire. You could try benchmarking each card separately it could be a problem with one of the cards.

TBH this is like the 3rd card ive tried with crossfire ive tried and asus and msi oc edition also

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

TBH this is like the 3rd card ive tried with crossfire ive tried and asus and msi oc edition also

Maybe you could borrow a 750w PSU from somewhere and benchmark the cards in Xfire with something like Unigine, if the error is gone it probably a problem with you PSU but if it still crashes then it's one of your GPUs.

Maybe you could borrow a 750w PSU from somewhere and benchmark the cards in Xfire with something like Unigine, if the error is gone it probably a problem with you PSU but if it still crashes then it's one of your GPUs.

Im getting my friends 850watt tonight, he said i can use it to test. i will report back later.

Im getting my friends 850watt tonight, he said i can use it to test. i will report back later.

I hope it's not the GPU. Good luck.

ok so the bottom line is that my 270x was fubar and not working im selling both the cards gonna grab a 290x since they are so cheap

ok so the bottom line is that my 270x was fubar and not working im selling both the cards gonna grab a 290x since they are so cheap

good to know you figured it out. 290x is a beast of a card.