HDMI VS VGA?

Corruption
Go to solution Solved by Redsun20,

HDMI PLEASE DO THE WORLD A FAVOR AND STOP USING VGA!!!!

So my graphics card im getting (the Strix 980) will run the Asus VG24QE via DisplayPort and will either run the tv above it by VGA or HDMI. its a 30" panasonic 720p tv from 2009 and is connected via HDMI to my Xbox 360, coaxial cable to my antenna, and Toslink to my 5.1 speaker setup. which leaves open a VGA port and an HDMI port. im thinking of hdmi as it transfers sound as well as display so my computer sounds will play through the speakers like this, pc->HDMI Cable->TV->toslink->speakers. is this a good plan or should i go for VGA?

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

HDMI hands down

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

When HDMI is universally accepted and I don't have to keep faffing around with VGA and separate audio for projectors and shit I'd love to :P

Well from experience when I plugged a HDMI from my 970 into my AOC G2460 some colours were missing and it everything seemed to have a overpowering white colour. 

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz --- RAM: Lenovo 1600MHz 16GB --- MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-G7 --- GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0+--- PSU: Corsair CX600 --- Case: Corsair Air 540 --- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 --- OS: Windows 8.1 --- Monitor: 24" AOC G2460P + Dell 19" --- Mouse: Logitech MX Perfromance --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Brown) --- Audio: Sennheiser HD558

Don't buy a GTX 980, it's overpriced! Buy 2 GTX 970s or 2 R9 290s intstead (the R9 290s would even be cheaper)