New build

Hey Guys! So, due to the fact that my current computer is incapable of playing any modern game above 10 FPS, i decided to build myself a new one.

I have been doing alot of research and have found what i believe to be a good build. This is what i have so far:

Cooler Master scout 2 advanced/Ostrog GT

MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING

Swifttech H220

Intel 4th Generation Core i7-4770K (To Overclock)

MSI Gaming Nvidia GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card/SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY RADEON HD 7970 VAPOR-X GHZ EDITION

Corsair 2x4 GB Vengeance 240-pin DIMM DDR3-RAM 1600 MHz CL8 PC Memory 

Corsair TX 650 W v2

Samsung 840 Series Basic 250GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive

Western Digital Black - 500GB

Microsoft Windows 7/8 

For those of you that feel this build sucks, please, feel free to write me up a new one.

Location - Portugal

Budget - 1500€ (2000$)

Usage - Gaming with some video editing

Monitor - For now i stick to the one I have maybe in the future santa brings me one...

Peripherals - no need for any I guess

Thanks in advance!

The build so far (as i can see) is pretty good, The only thing i would have done is getting the 780. And also if you have the money changing the closed loop from the corsair H100i to Swiftech H220 :)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Get a Corsair TX 650 V2 power supply instead. The one you chose is a very very bad one. I view the power supply as the most important part of any build. A bad power supply can potentially destroy your build. The recommendations I have are already suggested. For the case I see you can't decide, personally I would go with the Cooler Master one since it looks better and I know Cooler Master makes good cases. Not saying that the Ostrog GT is a bad case by any stretch of the imagination.

If you could, Drop the size of the SSD and use that money to get a 780 instead of the 770. Also get a different PSU anything from Seasonic/Corsair will be better than the one you have reliability wise.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Thanks but unfortunately the 780 is way too expensive for my pocket, however a change to the Swiftech H220 and the Corsair TX 650 V2 is possible.

But are 650W enough?

Does the build fit in these cases(Cooler Master scout 2 advanced/Ostrog GT) and which should I choose?

And between these GPUs MSI Gaming Nvidia GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card/SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY RADEON HD 7970 VAPOR-X GHZ EDITION which one is the best?

If you could, Drop the size of the SSD and use that money to get a 780 instead of the 770. Also get a different PSU anything from Seasonic/Corsair will be better than the one you have reliability wise.

The difference between 780 and 770 is 200 € which are not going to show up even if I buy a lower ssd size

Thanks but unfortunately the 780 is way too expensive for my pocket, however a change to the Swiftech H220 and the Corsair TX 650 V2 is possible.

But are 650W enough?

Does the build fit in these cases(Cooler Master scout 2 advanced/Ostrog GT) and which should I choose?

And between these GPUs MSI Gaming Nvidia GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card/SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY RADEON HD 7970 VAPOR-X GHZ EDITION which one is the best?

That depends. They are both about the same. If you need CUDA then go with the 770. If you want to overclock I think the 7970 is a very good overclocker with that cooler.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Thanks a lot guys now there's only two more steps needed, whitch are to buy and to build  :)

Em que loja vais comprar ? Se vais comprar cá passa pelo ZWAME e pede uma configuração lá ;)

Do you have any plans to SLI/CFX in the future? If so, the TX650v2 lacks the native connectivity to do so which forces you to used adapters.  What power supply you was looking at before anyways?

Also, if you can, post some links to stores that you are able to buy from so we can see what is available to you at a particular price point.

If you are just doing some casual video editing I would go for a 4670K and a 120 GB SSD to try and go for the 780. From the 770 to the 780 you get a lot of performance increase for the money

But two 770 in SLI don't do better than a 780 at almost the same price?

But two 770 in SLI don't do better than a 780 at almost the same price?

It will perform better. If the price difference is that high I would go for the 770 then