windows 7 problem reading USB flash drives

johnyb98

In a desktop computer, I have some HDDs, each with an O/S installed on it. Every time, considering job I wanna do, I connect (only) the respective drive.

If I connect HDD with Windows 7, the problem is that USB flash drives are not read. Not present in My computer screen.

The problem is not about a specific USB flash drive. I try 3 different flash drives in all USB ports:no result.

If I take these 3 flash drives to another desktop or my laptop, they are read without any problem.

On the opposite:if I disconnect the Widnows 7 HDD, and I connect another drive to boot up (e.g. Windows 8 or Ubuntu), all flash drives are read immediately and without any problem.

p.s. The solution is not to go "My computer"->Manage->Disk Management, and assign a drive letter. That's because, if I connect a flash drive, and try to go this way, if I right click "My computer", the right click menu never appears. Windows/System does not freeze. Simply, windows can do nothing until I disconnect flash, and after this disconnect I can continue work on Widnows 7 again.

Could you please help me?

Thank you for your time,

John

I have checked. Updated successfully, but it was not the solution.

May be can check like this Connect the USB when laptop is OFF then Start up the laptop and check whether it is detected in the BIOS setup, If YES update windows. Then try to format it on other computer and then connect it to your laptop. Anf finally try and check if other USB work on your laptop. Still if not here just chek this USB not working whether this helps.

Finally, formatted USB and checked if working. Now it's working with no problem.

Thank you for the replies and support!