Is my new build really good for gaming?

Hi everyone.  So i finally was able to get pieces for my new build.  just want to run it by yall real quick to see if its really good.  so far this is what i have...

Motherbored - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H LGA 1150 Z97

Power supply - EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V/EPS12V

Processor - Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz)

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full Tower Chassis PH-ES614L_BK Black

Raid0 - 2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD

Water Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

HDD - WD Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive

Disk Drive - ASUS BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS 12X Blu-ray Internal Burner Drive with Disc Encryption - Black - Retail Box

RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR3 2400MHz PC3 19200 Desktop, Red CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R

Speakers - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System

Im going to wait to buy a monitor and 2 graphics cards.  there's roomer about a new gtx 980ti that's supposed to be as beastly as the titan x, and theres multiple new gaming monitors comming out this year, so ima till fall.  

I'd step up to X99 and 5820k. You're build isn't bad by any means. Just that you seem to have alot of money to spend, and x99 with their 6 core CPUS would provide you a better experience in long term.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Hi everyone.  So i finally was able to get pieces for my new build.  just want to run it by yall real quick to see if its really good.  so far this is what i have...

Water Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Disk Drive - ASUS BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS 12X Blu-ray Internal Burner Drive with Disc Encryption - Black - Retail Box

RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR3 2400MHz PC3 19200 Desktop, Red CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R

Im going to wait to buy a monitor and 2 graphics cards.  there's roomer about a new gtx 980ti that's supposed to be as beastly as the titan x, and theres multiple new gaming monitors comming out this year, so ima till fall.  

Everything looks good, you may have went overkill on the PSU. if you've locked your eyes onto the 980 or 980 Ti, you got yourself a VERY solid machine for gaming. 

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I'd step up to X99 and 5820k. You're build isn't bad by any means. Just that you seem to have alot of money to spend, and x99 with their 6 core CPUS would provide you a better experience in long term.

What the hell are you talking about? A high end Z97 is more than capable in gaming, even at 4K

What the hell are you talking about? A high end Z97 is more than capable in gaming, even at 4K

I feel like you didn't even try to comprehend what I said.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Alright let me break it down for you, since you seem to lazy to comprehend it yourself. Look at his build, and look at what he's planning to buy, pretty much everything is high end, so you can easily assume that he has alot of money to spend. With that much money, he could easily jump to a x99 platform, which is still BETTER than any z97 chip. Just because one product is better than another, it doesn't make the inferior product bad. Superior/inferior doesn't describe a product, it just describes how its placed compared to a different product. Which in this case, x99 is a superior platform compared to z97, but that doesn't mean z97 is terrible, its just not better than x99, hence it's inferior to x99. Understand?

Way overkill for Gaming.. Look at my specs below (yes I do only game at 1080) and I am able right now to run everything on Ultra.with half your setup, and hoping you get the 980Ti you shall have no worry for a very long time. 

Also DO NOT do the Raid0 SSD's Its been proven time and time again that in many cases it actually degrades performance, and when it doesn't the performance increase is completely pointless. 

And with the MB talk about honestly you just drop in a H97 and still have a great time, MB don't make a performance increase, But I would never advise a entry board. The Gigabyte looks really good, I would suggest looking at the MSI Gaming series as they are really well priced and got some solid features. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Alright let me break it down for you, since you seem to lazy to comprehend it yourself. Look at his build, and look at what he's planning to buy, pretty much everything is high end, so you can easily assume that he has alot of money to spend. With that much money, he could easily jump to a x99 platform, which is still BETTER than any z97 chip. Just because one product is better than another, it doesn't make the inferior product bad. Superior/inferior doesn't describe a product, it just describes how its placed compared to a different product. Which in this case, x99 is a superior platform compared to z97, but that doesn't mean z97 is terrible, its just not better than x99, hence it's inferior to x99. Understand?

Tools designed for different uses cannot reasonably be compared to each other. But if you really want to compare X99 to Z97 and declare one superior, please quantify "better".

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Tools designed for different uses cannot reasonably be compared to each other. But if you really want to compare X99 to Z97 and declare one superior, please quantify "better".

Different uses? It's not like we're comparing consumer products to server products. It's a consumer o7 vs consumer i7, one is cheaper and performs worse, the other is more expensive and performs better.

Hi, 

I'm also looking to upgrade my pc, it will mainly be used for gaming. 

I can't decide between x99 and z97. Where i7-4790k is great for gaming, what about scalability/upgrade potential? Wouldn't a newer socket keep the system more open to upgrades?

Other than that Nickgerard25's build looks great.

purely for gaming with Titan X GPUs

you dont need X99

and you wont need the i7 CPU either

swapping the CPU to the i5 4690K and going with 850 Watts PSU from EVGA G2 series will do the trick

you dont need 2400MHz RAM unless it an AMD APU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($227.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($138.99 @ NCIX US) 

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($279.99 @ Mac Mall) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($999.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($999.99 @ Amazon) 

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case  ($142.99 @ NCIX US) 

Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($45.98 @ Newegg) 

Total: $3225.64

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-30 05:04 EDT-0400

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Lose the RAID 0. No real benefit to it for gaming and you're only increasing your risk of failure and losing all data (worst case scenario). Getting a single large SSD would be much better if you are doing gaming, or even just drop to one of the samsung pro drives and just use it for the OS and then us the wd blue for storage. 

If you are trying to go overkill then this is a good build besides the ssd which I already mentioned, and maybe the power supply if you don't plan on SLI in the future, as a system with a 980 only draws about 300-400 watts at load, meaning a 800 or so watt psu would be fine. But again, if you plan on SLI the psu choice is fine, and I am a fan of the EVGA psu line so thumbs up! :D

CPUAMD FX 8320 @4.4 GHz 1.212 vcore Motherboard - Asus M5A99X R2.0 RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB 1866 GPU - Asus Gtx 970 Case - Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Storage - 120 GB Samsung 840 Series, 1TB WD Black,  240 GB Corsair Force LX PSU - EVGA 750W G2 Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Corsair K70  Mouse - Logitech G502

Different uses? It's not like we're comparing consumer products to server products. It's a consumer o7 vs consumer i7, one is cheaper and performs worse, the other is more expensive and performs better.

The i7 4790K is a better cpu than the i7 5820K for gaming. Faster core speed is better than extra cores. In the future more cores might be needed, but right now you don't need 6 cores.