Thinking of downgrading

ApexGuardidian

I dont know HOWWW!

I dont know HOWWW!

reread.

learn these overclocking guides, then go in reverse, turn the multipliers down, and the voltage down.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Screw this I am getting the fx-6300

you are crazy

I own a 9590, it's unstable as hell.

don't get rid of it, just down clock it to 4.5 or 4.6

download AMD overdrive, turn the multiplier down on the core. it will show you the target speed before you apply changes.

if you crash, do not freak out. just try again, and try to lock your voltage.

if the 9590 turns up the useage it draws more power, and only like 8 MoBos have the power capabilities to support it.

Okay I just turned the core multipliers down and now the target speed is 3500mhz

Screw this I am getting the fx-6300

dude, you're shooting yourself in the foot because you won't research how to downclock?

the 83xx will work instead if you're insistent to get rid of that thing.

you never told us the issues you had in the first place. crashings? won't boot? keeps freezing?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

dude, you're shooting yourself in the foot because you won't research how to downclock?

the 83xx will work instead if you're insistent to get rid of that thing.

you never told us the issues you had in the first place. crashings? won't boot? keeps freezing?

Yep, when I play games, my PC freezes.. Even TF2!

Okay I just turned the core multipliers down and now the target speed is 3500mhz

HOLY SHIT that's way low.

make the target speed like 4.5 and see if you still have issues, then try 4.2, 3.8, 3.6, 3.4, 3.2

Yep, when I play games, my PC freezes.. Even TF2!

also, i assume you're using the water cooling that came with it? don't bother temp checking, this core can't display proper temps.

also, i assume you're using the water cooling that came with it? don't bother temp checking, this core can't display proper temps.

No, as posted at the beginning... I am using the seidon 120v. It didn't come with water cooling. And I now changed it to 4.5/ Should I change the voltage

No, as posted at the beginning... I am using the seidon 120v. It didn't come with water cooling. And I now changed it to 4.5/ Should I change the voltage

i'd suggest a voltage of 1.35 instead of the stock 1.45 i think?

just make sure you scale the voltage a bit with the downclock.

wierd. mine came with a 120mm rad with 2 fans.

swag, hit apply. if it crashes turn the voltage back up to 1.4 with a clock of 4.5 or 4.4.

anyway, tweak it until it's stable. i wouldn't volt lower than 1.3 @ a 4.2 clock.

swag, hit apply. if it crashes turn the voltage back up to 1.4 with a clock of 4.5 or 4.4.

anyway, tweak it until it's stable. i wouldn't volt lower than 1.3 @ a 4.2 clock.

Ok, applied and everythings fine. Do you think I can turn my cpu fan down now? I put it all on disabled and its SUPER loud

Ok, applied and everythings fine. Do you think I can turn my cpu fan down now? I put it all on disabled and its SUPER loud

yeah, put your fans on default.

again, if you're still having issues, turn it down a small bit at a time.

yeah, put your fans on default.

again, if you're still having issues, turn it down a small bit at a time.

Okay, thanks for the help!

Okay, thanks for the help!

NP, i hope it goes well, i really don't want to see you waste your money because the 9590 is fickle on stability.

my 9590 takes a few tries to boot up. sometimes it will freeze during the startup of programs.

once mine gets going though it seems fine, just getting it rolling seems to be an issue.

i've had 2 freezes once running, one was after i came back from school, so IDK, it was idling, the other i tried to open a game while i was folding earlier today, bad idea. folding already puts all cores at like 90-98% usage.

NP, i hope it goes well, i really don't want to see you waste your money because the 9590 is fickle on stability.

my 9590 takes a few tries to boot up. sometimes it will freeze during the startup of programs.

once mine gets going though it seems fine, just getting it rolling seems to be an issue.

i've had 2 freezes once running, one was after i came back from school, so IDK, it was idling, the other i tried to open a game while i was folding earlier today, bad idea. folding already puts all cores at like 90-98% usage.

Hmm I just restarted my pc and the speeds and voltage have gone back to how they used to ..?

Hmm I just restarted my pc and the speeds and voltage have gone back to how they used to ..?

oh, to make these changes 100% permanent do this from within the bios, but test with overdrive to make sure it works.

alternatively, make overdrive boot with windows and always load your profile. preferences> "apply last settings when system boots"