Boot-up programmes

iWearKiltz

so over the last few months i've seen a noticable slow down in boot time, from when i log in. so I decided to find out how to make programmes not boot from log-in. I did what it said and took many programmes off. However, this really hasnt changed the total speed of it all. 

When i type my password in, windows will load then go to a black screen. it'll remain that way for 30seconds-2 minutes. this is the desktop loading.. then when the wallpaper finally loads, you have all the desktop icons and programmes that do launch on boot.

i'm buying an SSD, however, I don't think that'll help massively, as the only few things that'll be on it is Win7 and a few games, so that'll more improve the pre-log-in load..

any suggestions on how to speed up boot times are welcome

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

so over the last few months i've seen a noticable slow down in boot time, from when i log in. so I decided to find out how to make programmes not boot from log-in. I did what it said and took many programmes off. However, this really hasnt changed the total speed of it all. 

When i type my password in, windows will load then go to a black screen. it'll remain that way for 30seconds-2 minutes. this is the desktop loading.. then when the wallpaper finally loads, you have all the desktop icons and programmes that do launch on boot.

i'm buying an SSD, however, I don't think that'll help massively, as the only few things that'll be on it is Win7 and a few games, so that'll more improve the pre-log-in load..

any suggestions on how to speed up boot times are welcome

This happened to me in windows 7. I assumed it was the HDD and it needed a COMPLETE format. I moved to Windows 8 and never experienced the problem ever again. (Running Windows 8 for 3 months so far)

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

If you want to help with load times you can go to your search bar and type in "msconfig" and then go to the start up tab and then uncheck the programs that are programs that you don't need when you turn on your computer.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

If you want to help with load times you can go to your search bar and type in "msconfig" and then go to the start up tab and then uncheck the programs that are programs that you don't need when you turn on your computer.

in my explanation i said i had done this :p 

note to self, write TL;DRs in the future

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

You could build a better computer to make the launching process faster.

haha! thats one way to solve it ;) and that's my plan for when people decide what intel is now the best (due to the introduction of haswell)

Spoiler

This happened to me in windows 7. I assumed it was the HDD and it needed a COMPLETE format. I moved to Windows 8 and never experienced the problem ever again. (Running Windows 8 for 3 months so far)

well i intend to have a win8 pc for when i build my new rig.. saying that though, it'll be a superior pc to what i have currently, so whether its just a new pc or the OS, i wouldnt be able to tell what would cause the increased speeds :P

Spoiler