Need help with Windows Movie Maker...how do I add blank frames to before an existing frame?

I need help getting adding blank frames to the beginning of a movie in Windows Movie Maker...

...literally sitting in front of it now trying to figure it out.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

how about getting an actual video editor and not that garbage

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

how about getting an actual video editor and not that garbage

How about just actually helping me instead of being a d**k.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

lightworks for example

lightworks for example

Thanks, but I don't do this stuff, I've just got about ten minutes to get this done before taking my eBay crap to the post office.

I'm just going to add a black image and try and extend it. If anyone else has any better ideas I'm all ears...

Oh for the love of god...

Thank you, really, but I need to get this done kinda now, and right now I'm using ms paint to extend the length of the first frame.

Could really use some help.

I need help getting adding blank frames to the beginning of a movie in Windows Movie Maker...

...literally sitting in front of it now trying to figure it out.

Blank being black?

Add a title, there is a button for this...Title, above the captions button....,..once you click Title,.. remove the text underneath,.. you'll have a black box,.. click video tab, set the length.

This is for WMM in W7

Oh for the love of god...

Thank you, really, but I need to get this done kinda now, and right now I'm using ms paint to extend the length of the first frame.

Could really use some help.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

make a video of black space..then insert it

theres a reason people don't use wmm..cause its garbage..it can't do anything other then the absolute basics

make a video of black space..then insert it

theres a reason people don't use wmm..cause its garbage..it can't do anything other then the absolute basics

Was just about to do that but I just literally need to add just one re-sizable frame, I've got the project open in front of me. On resizable frame, it's all I need.

After this, seriously get something else to edit your videos, windows movie maker is horrible and often not even capable of rendering videos without huge lags or huge tearing in the video. BTW my idea would be a black image aswell.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

After this, seriously get something else to edit your videos, windows movie maker is horrible and often not even capable of rendering videos without huge lags or huge tearing in the video. BTW my idea would be a black image aswell.

Thanks, it's just I do this once in a blue moon. By the time I'd need to do it again I would have forgotten all of software features :0/

Blank being black?

Add a title, there is a button for this...Title, above the captions button....,..once you click Title,.. remove the text underneath,.. you'll have a black box,.. click video tab, set the length.

This is for WMM in W7

I don't seem to have a video tab. I'm just using the split function on the right mouse button :0/

Edit: I'm using split to shorten the frame and it's getting longer. :thereisnoemoticon: 

Edit: Perceptual difficulties re. temporality :0/

Thanks, it's just I do this once in a blue moon. By the time I'd need to do it again I would have forgotten all of software features :0/

I don't seem to have a video tab. I'm just using the split function on the right mouse button :0/

Edit: I'm using split to shorten the frame and it's getting longer. :thereisnoemoticon: 

Edit: Perceptual difficulties re. temporality :0/

When you click the title button in the home tab,...,.. and then click the title,. the video tab shows up above the normal tabs.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

When you click the title button in the home tab,...,.. and then click the title,. the video tab shows up above the normal tabs.

It's okay.

I called upon my spiritual adviser...

macgyver.jpg

...and now it's done.

;0)

It's okay.

I called upon my spiritual adviser...

macgyver.jpg

...and now it's done.

;0)

Glad your sorted,.. here's some more inspiration.

End up using a black image and making it the right length?

Glad your sorted,.. here's some more inspiration.

End up using a black image and making it the right length?

Thanks  X0D

I counted it off and cut it with the split tool. Tried to go down the middle with the timing but ultimately I'm just adding music. :0/

I used Movie maker to cut the sound at the end. It would have been nice to have a single clear drum strike but I think it worked out pretty good.

I just hope it stays up :0/

Might not be to your taste but here it is if you're interested...

Take Me to Your Church - Sergei Polunin David LaChapelle (Hearing Damage Thom York) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nLmzWP__yg

• 4 weeks later...

Godammit, I just made another video but Windows Movie Maker's misaligned the sound and I don't seem to be able to get it aligned again whatever I do :0/

And yes, I"m downloading lightworks.