where are the GTX980 poseidons?

VioDuskar

how did I get my hands on two Asus gtx980 poseidons?

because they're hard to find now, and well into the $700 USD range now. i bought mine for like $610

was this thing a limited run?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Could you tell me where your purchased them from?? Everywhere is either "out of stock" or "available soon". Could you also give me some insight on how the card runs yes I know they're reviews out there but some don't tell the full truth or alter it to suit their needs.

Could you tell me where your purchased them from?? Everywhere is either "out of stock" or "available soon". Could you also give me some insight on how the card runs yes I know they're reviews out there but some don't tell the full truth or alter it to suit their needs.

i got mine from newegg around jan. of this year.

it runs fine. with no overvoltage i can get a boost clock of 1467MHz. on air. i''ve got two that i'm going to water cool eventually, but i don't have the money to do so right now.

i just wonder why these things are like unicorns when they're so freaking awesome?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

In Germany you get them easily on any bigger Online-Store. But yeah, they seem pretty rare.

thnx for the info... they seem to have surfaced on amazon now for 733 + shipping O.o 

thnx for the info... they seem to have surfaced on amazon now for 733 + shipping O.o 

yeah, and i got mine fore only like 620. unicorns be cray