FPS Stutter in All Games

Xonin

Recently (approximately 1 day ago) I started receiving micro stutters in all of my games when in windowed mode.

My FPS drops by 10 and then back very rapidly which I believe is the cause. When I switch to fullscreen the random stutter seems to stop, but when I'm playing WoW for example switching stances causes my FPS to drop and go back up again (aswell as doing a bunch of other things).  It happens with V-Sync on or off it doesn't matter. 

Specs: 

Core 2 Quad Q8400 (2.3GHz) 

GTX 750 Ti 

7200 RPM HD 

8GB DDR2  

600w EVGA PSU 

I've checked temps and all is well (GPU never goes above ~31C and CPU stays around ~50c at load). 

Reinstalled multiple driver versions (I used Driver Sweeper), currently using 345.20 but I've tried the latest aswell. 

Underclocked GPU/Memory and undervolted a bit to no avail. 

Disabled Aero. I even thought it might have been caused by a recent windows update, so I uninstalled that but still, nothing.  

Mind you this just started happening one day when I booted up my PC. Before this I had no signs are hardware failure, my 750 Ti is brand new. I ran Prime95 for my CPU aswell and it did fine. I also keep an eye on resource manager to make sure nothing's using my CPU. 

If anyone has any idea what could be going on I'd really appreciate it. 

Thanks.

Have u tried your old gpu if you still have it? maby a issue the the 750

This could be a power issue, I have been searching around, and here is a way to test whether or not your PSU is giving enough power.

Simply run furmark and Prime95 at the same time, this stress tests your computer. (hopefully your PSU is of high enough quality to do the job*)

SOURCE: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/127210-13-high

*EDIT* Make sure you have the GPU is securely in place inside the PCIE x16 port, and get back to us when you tried both out.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

I ran Furmark and Prime95 at the same time for about 4 minutes and everything was fine. CPU temps tops at ~65C and GPU at 76C (the 31C in my original post was for WoW). I checked if it was seated correctly and it was. 

Also my HDD isn't fragmented at all.

Could be Adaptive V-Sync in nVidia Control Panel

Sounds like that as well. It could also be the fact that you will need to change some settings in the config for CoD 4 and older games like that. (only a possible fix for older games)

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

It's set to use 3d application settings. I've tried it with completely off aswell and nothing changed. This started happening randomly one day, I didn't update my drivers or change any settings.