looking for a 1440p monitor

Pandora
Go to solution Solved by Scythe1,

I just got my acer g257hu from Amazon a few days ago and I love it

1440p IPS at 279.99 pre tax.  My only gripe is it has a silver border on the bottom instead of being all black and the stand is so so.  Personally I can prefer the book aesthetic for a stand anyway though.

so as the title says im looking for a new monitor. i would prefer 1440p or 2k. the issue for me is that i cant stand the xx:9 aspect ratio of most monitors, i love the area that i get from my 16:10 monitor. i would prefer ips or va if possible. and while im not a twitch gamer i would like the response time below 10ms. lastly im willing to spend 450$ on this but right now 350$ is the spot i would really like to stay in. if this isnt possible just tell me. :D

currently im looking at the koren monitors shown off in tek syndicates video

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

What are your uses?

Personally have and love: Asus PB 278Q

Second choice: Benq GW2765HT

light gaming wow etc. and general use

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

So why do you need IPS?

because i have used tn for years and recently i used ips. i cant say i can go back the difference in color quality is stunning

because i have used tn for years and recently i used ips. i cant say i can go back the difference in color quality is stunning

I completely agree, although you will pay more.  The two monitors I recommended are good.

sold

ya that was one i was looking at for a while. lets hope it dosent come off sale before i can buy it

I just got my acer g257hu from Amazon a few days ago and I love it

1440p IPS at 279.99 pre tax.  My only gripe is it has a silver border on the bottom instead of being all black and the stand is so so.  Personally I can prefer the book aesthetic for a stand anyway though.