Bloatware's impact on a phone?

General_Led

One thing I have never looked into or have been concerned about is bloatware. Does bloatware actually have any impact on performance? Currently I use a custom home screen and lock screen (nova launcher and hi locker). I hide all the bullshit apps samsung and att include so I never see them and for most of them notifications are off and disable a few.

I think so. My mom's Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is unbearably stuttery and hiccups a lot when moving through UI elements. Which IMO is freaking unacceptable for a $450 tablet that was released just about 1 year ago. I however cannot say the same for my brother's Galaxy Note 4, his Note 4 runs very smooth for the most part, occasional hiccup.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

One thing I have never looked into or have been concerned about is bloatware. Does bloatware actually have any impact on performance? Currently I use a custom home screen and lock screen (nova launcher and hi locker). I hide all the bullshit apps samsung and att include so I never see them and for most of them notifications are off and disable a few.

Bloatware itself doesn't really impact performance, it's mainly the fault of the OS skin, like TouchWiz.

"Rawr XD"

Bloatware itself doesn't really impact performance, it's mainly the fault of the OS skin, like TouchWiz.

Does a launcher such as nova launcher help? I currently use it but never really paid attention.

Does a launcher such as nova launcher help? I currently use it but never really payed attention.

HAHAHA

no

also it's paid bud

Bloatware is usually a waste of space. If you can disable it in the OS, you should be fine from it potentially wasting battery from unnecessary wakelocks and RAM consumption

Does a launcher such as nova launcher help? I currently use it but never really paid attention.

it can help organize the homescreen, but the bloatware's still there.

disabling them will prevent bloatware from running, but they'll still occupy some space on your phone. bloatware isn't necessarily detrimental to performance either. 

HAHAHA

no

also it's paid bud

When ever I'd switch back to the touchwiz home it seemed like it was disabled because it seemed like it had to boot up in a sense.