Brisbane International Airport trials digital departure card

20150324115101_BNE%20Digital%20Departure

Brisbane Airport has begun trialling a digital departure card for international passengers to replace the existing paper-based process.

Under Australian law, departing international travellers are required to fill out an outgoing passenger card with details of their identification and record of departure.

The digital departure card has been developed as a function within Brisbane Airport's mobile application in conjunction with the Queensland University of Technology.

This seems like something that could be very useful for frequent international flyers, with the ability to save information so that the form doesnt have to be filled out every time. This trial is currently only for departures and still requires a customs office to look through the printed version of the card.

SOURCE: http://www.itnews.com.au/News/402013,brisbane-airport-trials-digital-departure-card.aspx

Good. I fly out of Brisbane International at least once a month, will try this out asap.

That's pretty cool, although I must admit I didn't even know Brisbane had an international terminal :/