FM2+ CPU/APU?

Tholmar

I want an upgrade from my current APU but the only thing that I'm kinda good at looking for is aesthetic things, any good recommendations for a FM2+ socket stype APU/CPU

My budget is bang for buck but I can afford more expensive things as I want high end componants

@Tholmar  You should follow your thread so you get updated when someone replies, theres a box up at the top right of the page that says "Follow this topic"

It would help if you mentioned what you already have, the highest end APU on the FM2+ platform is the 7850k but there's not too many reasons to get it if you're running a dedicated GPU as the Athlon X4 860k is the same thing minus the iGPU but much cheaper at $80 USD compared to the $140 USD for the 7850k. The only situation where getting the APU over the CPU would be viable is if you need to use the iGPU to run more monitors.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I'm running a A4-4000 APU and the dedicated graphics card is a GTX 960 PNY edition, thnaks for the help and if there's any more info needed I can supply more

The new Kaveri quad core, and an r9 270x, together about 300$

Oh shoot! Was that offensive! (I don't care).

@Tholmar  You should follow your thread so you get updated when someone replies, theres a box up at the top right of the page that says "Follow this topic"

It would help if you mentioned what you already have, the highest end APU on the FM2+ platform is the 7850k but there's not too many reasons to get it if you're running a dedicated GPU as the Athlon X4 860k is the same thing minus the iGPU but much cheaper at $80 USD compared to the $140 USD for the 7850k. The only situation where getting the APU over the CPU would be viable is if you need to use the iGPU to run more monitors.

Yes, but with dual graphics, you can really increase fps capabilities

Oh shoot! Was that offensive! (I don't care).

I wouldnt say "really" it's not a huge difference. in demanding games you'll see only a 5 to 10 fps gain.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Not really, it's workable in a few games but it has even more issues than normal multi-GPU setups do because of the non symmetrical nature of the configuration. It's not something to bank on, you're much better off avoiding the dual graphics capability of the APU's. You either use the iGPU or you get a dedicated GPU. 

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Well I got the graphics card last week so I don't want to replace it as it's doing fine I'm British as well so I have to use a converter for thee money but I looked at the AMD A10-7850K ‘Black Edition’ APU which was around £90 and I forgot to mention I'm a student at college with a part time job so moeny isn't much of an issue as I make around £400-500 a month :) 

I'm running a A4-4000 APU and the dedicated graphics card is a GTX 960 PNY edition, thnaks for the help and if there's any more info needed I can supply more

The only upgrade available would be to move to a quad core (860k). I wouldn't invest into an APU if you're already running a GTX 960.

I don't mind getting an APU because it can act as a failsafe if the 960 dies that I can still play games when waiting for a replacement, I also forgot to add why I want it although you may have guessed, I want to play high quality games as I've had terrible PCs in the past and I want to play games on the highest quality as well as be able to run them. So I don't mind too much about whether it's an APU or not

I want to play games on the highest quality as well as be able to run them. So I don't mind too much about whether it's an APU or not

In that case, get a current i5 and the motherboard, of course, and then add a 290x/970 or 980 if you have the money and want the go overkill.

There's no point in sticking with apu's once you go over casual gaming.

As I said before I just got the graphics card and I don't want to replace unnecessary things so that means I don't want to replace the motherboard as it's completely fine. Plus the 860k is a pretty good CPU so i might get that one