Cable management help

odevries

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has some tips for cable management since mine is just really really bad. Cables are just crossing each other through the front of the case (not the back panel). I just need some general tips.

Thanks

post-199557-0-46304000-1427129143_thumb.

post-199557-0-46304000-1427129143_thumb.

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has some tips for cable management since mine is just really really bad. Cables are just crossing each other through the front of the case (not the back panel). I just need some general tips.

Thanks

U've almost answered your question.

First, disconnect everything, divide all the psu cables (or other) from each other. Now, connect them in order u want, but avoid any crossing. Make sure u're not involving any strength to connect them... That's all, so far.

Can you give us some info, like what's the case you hardware is? So we can do research what's the best option :) Also some pictures would be great :P

CPU: i5 4460 3.20Ghz GPU: MSI GTX750 1GB OC MB: Asus B85M-E RAM: Kingston HiperX 4GB 1600Mhz (2x) PSU: Cooler Master 500W B-series HDD: WD Blue 500GB + 250 WD Case: Raidmax Super Viper

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2014/11/27/SW1.gif

Can you give us some info, like what's the case you hardware is? So we can do research what's the best option :) Also some pictures would be great :P

I will post some pics once i get home, My case is a corsaire carbide 350d, i have an asus z97 deluxe mobo with a arctic freeze heatsink and a asus gtx760

You should post some pictures that way we could assist you on how you can fix your cable management..

I'll provide some pictures in 2 hours or so im at school right now. I have a corsair carbide 350d case which is have to say is not the most cable management efficient case.

I'll provide some pictures in 2 hours or so im at school right now. I have a corsair carbide 350d case which is have to say is not the most cable management efficient case.

route everything thru the back of the case,use cableties to give a cleaner look

So here is a picture guys, please go easy its my first build

post-199557-0-36245100-1427128504_thumb.

You should post some pictures that way we could assist you on how you can fix your cable management..

Hey thanks, i posted some pics now :)

Ok thry to see if I can help you out here as I never work on a case like you have,so from what I can tell is it is not to bad what you have..

Here is what I would do.

The cable coming from your video card I would try to see if you can run it straight up and down and not to the right like you have in the picture see if you can tuck most of the wire behind the motherboard this way you only have a little showing.

Now the wires from the CPU cooler i would run them up through the top side of the mobo if there is a hole there if not run them to the top right side where you have your 24pin running through.

There is one wire that you have that runs over the top of your PSU what I would do with that one is reroute it through the hole where all the PSU wires are running then run it along the bottom of the mobo..

Now the front panel header wires look fine,you do have 2 sets of wires just above where you have your mobo header which I presuming there USB connectors,what I would do with them is to also reroute them through the hole where you PSU cables are and run them upward instead of straight across the mobo..

Also get your self some black zip ties to match the colors of your wire and try to neatly lay your wires flat and zip tie them together neatly,once there all zip tied clip any excess zip tie left to make it look nice..

Let me know if this will help you out.

Like I mentioned your wiring is really not to bad you just need to try and route them together as much as you can so you do not have a bunch of wires looking like there crossing each other,so basically what your trying to do is put the wires that are closes to each other all together..

Ok thry to see if I can help you out here as I never work on a case like you have,so from what I can tell is it is not to bad what you have..

Here is what I would do.

The cable coming from your video card I would try to see if you can run it straight up and down and not to the right like you have in the picture see if you can tuck most of the wire behind the motherboard this way you only have a little showing.

Now the wires from the CPU cooler i would run them up through the top side of the mobo if there is a hole there if not run them to the top right side where you have your 24pin running through.

There is one wire that you have that runs over the top of your PSU what I would do with that one is reroute it through the hole where all the PSU wires are running then run it along the bottom of the mobo..

Now the front panel header wires look fine,you do have 2 sets of wires just above where you have your mobo header which I presuming there USB connectors,what I would do with them is to also reroute them through the hole where you PSU cables are and run them upward instead of straight across the mobo..

Also get your self some black zip ties to match the colors of your wire and try to neatly lay your wires flat and zip tie them together neatly,once there all zip tied clip any excess zip tie left to make it look nice..

Let me know if this will help you out.

Like I mentioned your wiring is really not to bad you just need to try and route them together as much as you can so you do not have a bunch of wires looking like there crossing each other,so basically what your trying to do is put the wires that are closes to each other all together..

Thanks a lot! Gonna try tomorrow :)

Sounds good let me know how you make out, if you need further assistant I am sure someone or myself can help you out more..

Sounds good let me know how you make out, if you need further assistant I am sure someone or myself can help you out more..

One last thing, would you reccomend me taking out my gpu so i can do the front panel connectors better, I would take the heatsink out too but dont wanna mess up the thermal compound.

Thanks

I think that we got the same case ??

I still need to install the correct PSU/GPU cable but you got the idea:

post-186032-0-48937700-1427170663_thumb.

post-186032-0-36479100-1427170683_thumb.

post-186032-0-48937700-1427170663_thumb.

post-186032-0-36479100-1427170683_thumb.