Eyefinity Question

Spannerhands
Go to solution Solved by Spannerhands,

Fixed It!!!!

Saved one preset to eyefinity, the put it back to extended mode and saved that too...

Now can switch back and forth with no issues....

Easy... LOL...

Thanks for your suggestions people....

Just setup a triple monitor eyefinity, but is there any way to setup window snap zones so I can still maximum a application in one screen, with having to go back to normal desktop mode...

Thanks people....

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

The problem with that it maximizes across all 3 screens...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

I don't know about eyefinity specifically, but Asus has a program called "Asus MultiFrame" for their monitors that allows for 4 corner snapping on multiple monitors. This may just be a drawback from eyefinity though, idk.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

The thing is Eyefinity makes the monitors as one. If you want to snap to each monitor, you'll have to not use eyefinity.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The thing is Eyefinity makes the monitors as one. If you want to snap to each monitor, you'll have to not use eyefinity.

Having not used it before, is eyefinity something that you can easily switch back and forth from? Or is it just not practical?

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Having not used it before, is eyefinity something that you can easily switch back and forth from? Or is it just not practical?

Just use the built-in windows monitor switching shortcut keys Win+P.

First set yourself up for eyefinity in the CCC then hold down the windows key and press "P" until it it's on "Extend" and it will switch to extended mode. To switch back, do the same until it's on "Duplicate."

This may or may not work--more of a guess.
Edited by WoodenMarker

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

First set yourself up for eyefinity in the CCC then hold down the windows key and press "P" until it it's on "Extend" and it will switch to extended mode. To switch back, do the same until it's on "Duplicate."

Cool, then again I wouldn't want to game on multiple screens at once anyway  :P. Bezels bother me waaaaay too much for that.

Sir that works well thanks,

but it kills the eyefinity settings so you have to remake the display group afterwards...

Works fine with Surround on Nvidia cards GG AMD. 

But yeah for me it just snaps to whatever screen I push to the top on. It doesn't look quite right but it still works. 

Maybe update Windows to the latest version using Windows Update?

Fixed It!!!!

Saved one preset to eyefinity, the put it back to extended mode and saved that too...

Easy... LOL...

Fixed It!!!!

Easy... LOL...

yes you can do that though there should be settings to still have it work as separte screens when not full screen I know Nvidia has these settings you may have to download HydraVision to do it though http://goo.gl/UM1uF