running this damn VM...

BurgerBum

So, i got oracle VM virtual box running ubuntu, everything works fine AFAIKhowever, within ubuntu itself i cannot change the resolution to anything except 640x480 (4:3) and i cannot acces the rest of the operating system except for what is inside that 640x480 box... 

i have a feeling this is to do with my VM software, as no other resolution is available so therefore inside ubuntu wouldnt make a difference...

other VM software you'd reccomend? is oracle vm stuff particularly poo? why is this doing this. 

my life sucks size 18 feet right now. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Installing the guest additions will enable dynamic resolution scaling.

*has no idea what that is*

do i have to do it inside the vm itself? if so i cant. because this issue stops me from using any program where the window is bigger than that res... T^T 

updates are still installing, should it be installed by then?

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Install the virtualbox-guest-x11 package within Ubuntu or use the VirtualBox Guest Additions ISO.

you're speakin greek to me... :'c 

-Jim Hensen

sudo apt-get install virtualbox-guest-x11 -y

or

http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.3.8/VBoxGuestAdditions_4.3.8.iso

do i just use this like i use the regular iso? for when im starting up?

-Jim Hensen

Open the ISO from within the VM then run autorun.sh.

*sighing heavily*

i dont think i can do that. >_< :'c

like... this issue prevents me from doing most-anything at all.. other than look at the centre of the desktop... 

-Jim Hensen

Running that is as easy as double clicking a Windows executable and it does all the work for you.

meaning thers no work done inside the VM?

-Jim Hensen

That installs the drivers within the VM like you would install graphics drivers on your normal computer.

sorry, i guess what i meant to ask whas, do i need to do any work inside the fan, 

asking if i run that outside of the vm. :)

-Jim Hensen

You install the addition drivers inside the VM, not outsite.

wehl eff bumb-uh...... T^T 

so basically i cant fix it... :/ 

-Jim Hensen

I think it might have been a good idea for you to do a lot of reading and research..before doing this vm project 

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Run the guest additions from the VM menu.

ubuntu_guest_machine_virtualbox_thumb.pn

You should get a popup window inside the VM asking you to run it or not.

ubuntu_guest_machine_virtualbox_1_thumb.

I think it might have been a good idea for you to do a lot of reading and research..before doing this vm project

Yeah... Well... I don't do that. xD

I don't learn well under a "study, then test" situation, I'm better with a learn as you go thing. :D

-Jim Hensen

You can do what Opcode said or you can search "Additional Drivers" in ubuntu, open the program, and when it finds the drivers, just enable them and hit apply.