Monitor: Out of display output

dialgarocksful

Hi, my first HDD has an installed Win8.1 with a display resolution of 1366x768p adjusted. I can't view it on my 15" 1080x768p monitor because of "Out of display output" caused by the reso of the HDD.

After that, I installed another HDD with Win7 installed, it auto-adjusted to fit the monitor resolution.

Is it possible to adjust my reso in the first HDD using the 2nd HDD?

Spoiler

For starters, where OS is installed doesn't matter. For better display options you will need to install drivers for GPU. It also doesn't matter which OS you use.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

For starters, where OS is installed doesn't matter. For better display options you will need to install drivers for GPU. It also doesn't matter which OS you use.

I don't have a GPU, I'm using an APU.

Which brings me on the question: How do I change my 1st HDD (Win8.1 installed) resolution via my 2nd HDD (Win7)

Spoiler

You will just need to install the drivers for the APU then!

You will just need to install the drivers for the APU then!

Already got the latests.

What happens is when I boot my PC using that drive, upon logging on, I can't see the display because of the resolution being too high that my monitor can't output it

Spoiler

I don't have a GPU, I'm using an APU.

Which brings me on the question: How do I change my 1st HDD (Win8.1 installed) resolution via my 2nd HDD (Win7)

Well you can't use drivers installed on one OS with another. And I can't even think of way to use resolution enabled with one OS with another. Those things are so much per OS things. This seems like issue with drivers rather than with OS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well you can't use drivers installed on one OS with another. And I can't even think of way to use resolution enabled with one OS with another. Those things are so much per OS things. This seems like issue with drivers rather than with OS.

Already updated both HDDs' drivers. Still can't access with the 1st HDD since it don't display after the Win8 startup load screen.

Spoiler

Already updated both HDDs' drivers. Still can't access with the 1st HDD since it don't display after the Win8 startup load screen.

Have you tried with another port? Can you get into BIOS without having this problem?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Have you tried with another port? Can you get into BIOS without having this problem?

I can reach the BIOS. After the Win8 logo (with the loading circle thingy), the screen cuts to "Out of display".

Spoiler

I can reach the BIOS. After the Win8 logo (with the loading circle thingy), the screen cuts to "Out of display".

With all ports? This is starting to sound like weirdest Win8 bug that I've ever heard of. Could you start in safe mode?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

With all ports? This is starting to sound like weirdest Win8 bug that I've ever heard of. Could you start in safe mode?

all ports accessible. same problem

never tried the safe mode. how do i go to it? AFAIk, F7 doesnt work

Spoiler

all ports accessible. same problem

never tried the safe mode. how do i go to it? AFAIk, F7 doesnt work

It should be F8. But if you can't access even to safe mode then I'm out of ideas. The point still stands about using another OS resolution. That just isn't possible.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It should be F8. But if you can't access even to safe mode then I'm out of ideas. The point still stands about using another OS resolution. That just isn't possible.

I can access it using dual-screen (one VGA, one HDMI). Problem is, I can't use it if I remove my HDMI display. It always ends up having "Out of range", even though I set it up to its native resolution

Spoiler