Building a new computer. Need some help

Hi,  I have a Dell XPS8100 computer.  I have changed the video card and power supply some time ago and now I want to update my case, mobo, cpu and Ram.  I have never done this before and am wondering about the win7 install and how to go about this.  As well Dell doesn't let you play with the settings to much in the Bios and wondering if this will be a problem with using the same hard drive that came with the Dell computer with my new components. 

Do I just install my new components, turn on my computer and reformat my hard drive or do I wipe out the hard drive first (which I dont know how to do)  then try to install win7.  I do have the installation DVD of Win7 that came with my Dell computer.  The only thing is that on the DVD it says to "Use this DVD only to reinstall the operating system on a Dell PC"  the only thing that will still be from dell when I finish my new build will be HDD and DVD player

If anyone could give me some guidance on this it would be great

Thanks,

I almost cretin that if you replace the case you will need a new Motherboard becouse dell has different stand off holes on there motherboards. But I could be Wrong 

While old computer is still active make an iso of Windows 7. It also wouldn't hurt to make backups of important data onto another device as the best course of action is usually a clean install. You'll need a matching installation to what your key is. I.E 64 bit / 32 bit, Home / Pro / Ultimate, language / region, Windows 7. Microsoft's tool should do that all automatically for you but it doesn't hurt to double check. As for the key it is usually a sticker on the side or the back of your OEM PC. If you removed it, good luck. Otherwise the Microsoft site is here and it should make a bootable DVD or USB drive for installation of the OS on the new machine. (USB needs to be 4GB and may be capped at 32GB depending on motherboard. Will erase the data on said USB drive). 

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

You'll assemble the machine as many other Youtube videos show you how to do. Once the new machine is built, pop in the bootable usb / DVD you made from before, REMOVE ALL OTHER USB DRIVES AND EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES (just boot disk and the hdd you want it installed on), and start it up. Select to install Windows and pick custom. It should show you all the drives plugged in the machine. You select the advanced option and delete all partitions from the old Windows install. Once done select the unallocated space and hit new. It should make a new C drive and Windows will either make a system reserve or message you that it is once you hit next. From there you follow the onscreen instructions until you get to your desktop. You pop in the motherboard CD and install the LAN drivers. Then install the rest of the motherboard drivers from the brand's website for the board as those are up to date. Finally click start, right click on "my computer", properties, at the bottom should be another mention about windows being non genuine. Now that the machine has the LAN driver for internet access it should be able to validate the key when you click to validate / enter it again.