-least favorite game and why

-favorite Pokemon

-And how many hours have you logged in Pokemon across all games

(edit)- Favorite type

Saphire

Emerald because the battle frontier is awesome

HGSS because i cant stand the touch screen menus

tyranitar

i have logged well over 3000 hours with 1000 hours across multiple restarts on just my emerald cart.

poison or ghost, there a plenty of well designed mons in those types

post-20323-0-34131800-1373114207_thumb.j

here is a pic off all the games i have on hand. pearl is currently MIA but I will find it. The R4 card contains copies of all the Pokemon games that I own.

Edited by Biased Opinion

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

red and blue are the best! But that's only because i don't like the newer pokemon. the first 150 had style!

Silver/gold/crystal>everything

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I "started" on Red/Gold as I got them at the same time. I have Played every Pokemon game since (including coloseum, XD, that one Wii one) As far as how many hours, I might be able to say half my gaming experience in terms of hours has been Pokemon.

1. I don't remember if I first put in Gold or Red into my gameboy.

2. I really have no favorite game but I think I enjoyed Pearl/Diamon/Platinum the most because they FIXED so many issues with Pokemon special attacks/defense

3. Least favorite has to be Red/Gree/Blue because of how limited you were.

4. Infernape, something about some Chinese-esq' monkey of martial arts just clicks with me.

5. I have no idea. Probably countless.

6. Bug or Ice

I think you left out favorite type!

Edited by naca1227

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

red and blue are the best! But that's only because i don't like the newer pokemon. the first 150 had style!

Nostalgia glasses! What about Gold and Silver? They introduced many "first gen" looking Pokemon.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

genwunner, bet you have never even finished the pokedex

btw haxorus is pretty ballinghaxorus.jpg

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

genwunner, bet you have never even finished the pokedex

btw haxorus is pretty balling

Haxorus aint got shit on Salemence

Shr50pl.jpg

for good mesure this is my favorite route music

Great topic :D

My first game was Pokémon Fire Red which I played on my Advance SP. 

My favorite is probably Fire Red, Diamond is quite close as well. Fire Red because it was my first game and Diamond because of it's size and good storyline.

Least favorite has to be HGSS, but loved the music.

My favorite Pokémon is a difficult one; Charizard or Wailord..

I've probably spend over 2000 hours, but unfortunately I've restarted a lot (on Emerald has to be 20+ times).

Ps. I do think the Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky on the DS are very underrated. I've spend probably 400 hours on those games, the storyline is amazing and so emotional.

post-621-0-25953000-1373116947_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I do not own that much Pokémon games (bit of an economic issue, and I refuse to pirate Pokémon since I want to support the makers). 

Edited by Overl0rd

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Can't. Get. Enough. Of. This. One.

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

how many legit LvL 100s have people here obtained and what would you say was your greatest accomplishment in game.

I peaked at about 60-70 100s and i managed to finish the national dex in emerald.

What was your first game:

Pokemon Blue

Favorite game and why:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness. It's such a different experience from the main series, a very welcome departure from standard and add to that it's a very compelling game with a cool battle system and an interesting story.

Least favorite game and why:

I can't really think of any Pokemon game I didn't like. If I have to say something it'd probably be Pokemon Black/White because they are the least classic main series pokemon-y. Which isn't really a benefit for a main series game as much as it is for spin-offs.

Favorite Pokemon:

Metagross, Rayquaza, Mewtwo.

How many hours have you logged in Pokemon across all games:

At least 3000

Favorite types:

Dragon, Fire, Steel.

Pictures of my stuff:

6IfgU5A.jpg

1DkrDEF.jpg

mMpvLFt.jpg

xuGZeEP.jpg

xYp0D6w.jpg

u6IMq3x.jpg

OkKlmh0.jpg

oKSSbB4.jpg

SExJW0D.jpg

I have a Pokemon Blue Cartridge too but my brother is borrowing it at the moment.

Edited by Deus Ragno

Haha despite my 2k+ hours I have yet to train a Pokémon to LvL 100. The highest I got is probably a 92 Charizard.

As far as my greatest accomplishment; I've got probably about 90% of all the legendaries on my Diamond save. (excluding the V gen of course)

Edited by Overl0rd

What was your first game:

Pokemon Blue

Favorite game and why:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness. It's such a different experience from the main series, a very welcome departure from standard and add to that it's a very compelling game with a cool battle system and an interesting story.

Least favorite game and why:

I can't really think of any Pokemon game I didn't like. If I have to say something it'd probably be Pokemon Black/White because they are the least classic main series pokemon-y. Which isn't really a benefit for a main series game as much as it is for spin-offs.

Favorite Pokemon:

Metagross, Rayquaza, Mewtwo.

How many hours have you logged in Pokemon across all games:

At least 3000

Favorite types:

Dragon, Fire, Steel.

Pictures of my stuff:

6IfgU5A.jpg

1DkrDEF.jpg

mMpvLFt.jpg

xuGZeEP.jpg

xYp0D6w.jpg

u6IMq3x.jpg

OkKlmh0.jpg

oKSSbB4.jpg

SExJW0D.jpg

I have a Pokemon Blue Cartridge too but my brother is borrowing it at the moment.

very nice collection you have there. 

I used to have 3 ds lites but 2 are dead and one is on loan to a friend. hoping to snag some preowned ones on sale

and is gates to infinity worth it

and is gates to infinity worth it

I've yet to play it since I got it the same time as Explorers of Sky which I wanted to finish first. But assuming it keeps the spirit of the Mystery Dungeon games I don't see how it couldn't be worth a go.

Blue and red

Crystal because it had the original and second gen, dynamic days. All around good game

Didn't like gen 5 very much. And collisium

Suicune is my favorite Pokemon

I have over 2000 hours since 98

And fire type is my favorite

Edited by felixbearpig

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Metagross wil always be the most badass mother****er ever to get seen in the pokemon world.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Metagross wil always be the most badass mother****er ever to get seen in the pokemon world.

i have always wanted a shiny metagross

how many legit LvL 100s have people here obtained and what would you say was your greatest accomplishment in game.

I peaked at about 60-70 100s and i managed to finish the national dex in emerald.

I think I had around 3 lv100 pokemon but I wanted a challenge which was why the three pokemon were Wigglytuff, Smeargle(freakin hardest thing ever) and onix. A very high majority was in the lv90s. I got all three legendaries in emerald to lv100 but i wouldnt count them in as I only trained them 30 levels. Many of my pokemon were lv60 due to me playing the battle island or whatever its called on emerald so much. Trust me ive played each one around 10000 times to the point where I knew the of the opponents pokemon of by heart and I then knew trends and I could predict how moves they would use. I remember Dustox they would use moonlight on the first turn always and then they would try to paralyze you and once they did that they would try and paralyze you again thinking that you would try to heal it and after that its back to moonlight, after that is hypnosis and dream eater in a pattern and moonlight would be used if the health went into the red area. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I started with red and blue on release day

then got yellow, then gold

Then didn't play pokemon for years until diamond - got that as I had a DS, played it a little bit, got bored.

i have always wanted a shiny metagross

Ive had two shinys in my life so far. A paras which fucking pissed me off as no one can give two shits about it. Then a got a shiny lapras in fire red from that woman in the team rocket hideout. I thought it was a glitch. My brother wanted to trade because he said it could break my game. I believed him and it was too late before I knew.

Listen if you care.

I started with red and blue on release day

then got yellow, then gold

Then didn't play pokemon for years until diamond - got that as I had a DS, played it a little bit, got bored.

No wonder you got bored. Diamond is imo the crappest pokemon game to date, the pokemon looked rubbish, the story was rubbish. just horrid

Listen if you care.

Ive had two shinys in my life so far. A paras which fucking pissed me off as no one can give two shits about it. Then a got a shiny lapras in fire red from that woman in the team rocket hideout. I thought it was a glitch. My brother wanted to trade because he said it could break my game. I believed him and it was too late before I knew.

i have found about 5 shinnies in all my play time, i have acquired around 20 of them through trades including a black rayquaza.

i have found about 5 shinnies in all my play time, i have acquired around 20 of them through trades including a black rayquaza.

WWHHHHA NOOOOOOOO. Rayquaza looks too awesome when shiny. 

Listen if you care.