Help with my new build

I think is time to build my own custom pc, I would mostly use it for gaming, video editing (after effects, premiere...), photo editing (photoshop) and occasionally some 3D design (3ds Max).

I made a very similar topic a while ago asking this same thing, but due to some problems I couldn't build it, and I think there have been a lot of new releases since then, so I would really appreciate some help from you guys choosing what parts to put in it.

My budget is around 1.100$ for the pc tower   (without peripherals.. mouse, screen, keyboard,etc) 

Also, I prefer Intel and Nvidia.

Thanks a lot  :) 

Well, this might be good, you could swap the i7 for a xeon depending on your needs and you just might be able to fit an SSD in there if you wanted.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I think that http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XqcQNGmight be good. If you prefer 8gb of RAM, get 8 and a low capacity SSD.

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

Well, this might be good, you could swap the i7 for a xeon depending on your needs and you just might be able to fit an SSD in there if you wanted.

I think that http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XqcQNGmight be good. If you prefer 8gb of RAM, get 8 and a low capacity SSD.

Thanks for the quick reply!  ;)

And what do you guys think about this MB http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z87mpowermaxac 

This was the one I had when I firs started planning in building my pc

Also, is MSI trustworthy? 

And what do you guys think about this MB http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z87mpowermaxac 

404 not found man, and also, luckily I had most of that build almost made because I was doing someone else's before  ;)

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($241.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus H97M-E/CSM Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Mushkin ECO2 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($332.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($92.00 @ B&H)
Total: $1093.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-18 19:37 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

404 not found man, and also, luckily I had most of that build almost made because I was doing someone else's before  ;)

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z87mpowermaxac 

Edit: don't know why it doesn't works  :unsure:

Here is amazon link 

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Z87-MPOWER-MAX-Motherboards/dp/B00HWQUI52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406397284&sr=8-1&keywords=MSI+Z87+MPOWER+MAX+AC

Its the 

MSI Computer Corp. Z87 MPOWER MAX AC

I dont believe such an expensive motherboard is necessary. Any motherboard compatible with your cpu socket should be fine unless you have a specific feature you need out of a motherboard. $100 motherboards should be fine

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

I dont believe such an expensive motherboard is necessary. Any motherboard compatible with your cpu socket should be fine unless you have a specific feature you need out of a motherboard. $100 motherboards should be fine

Well, right now its has a very good deal, 46% of discount, 180$

Well, right now its has a very good deal, 46% of discount, 180$

I would have to agree on the $100 rule. What is it you want in a motherboard?

Also, MSI is on the list of the few mobo manufacturers I endorse. (AsRock, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI) 

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

I would have to agree on the $100 rule. What is it you want in a motherboard?

Also, MSI is on the list of the few mobo manufacturers I endorse. (AsRock, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI) 

Well, I basically want a good and reliable MB, but also a good looking one, and in my opinion the z87 is quite cool 

The link is not working because there are a invalid characters at the end of it. It actually will work in some browsers. To fix the link, edit it and remove the %C2%A at the end.

Instead of Z87, consider a Z97 version - http://gaming.msi.com/products/motherboard/z97-mpower.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($241.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Asus H97M-E/CSM Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Mushkin ECO2 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($82.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($332.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($92.00 @ B&H)

Total: $1093.92

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-18 19:37 EDT-0400

this one is nice

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Might as well get the i7-4790K cpu if you are going with an overclocking capable motherboard and an H100i cpu cooler. A non-overclocked cpu can get by with the stock Intel cooler or one can go with an inexpensive air or AIO cooler. H100i is better suited to systems that will be overclocked.

You will have to make sure that the motherboard ships with the 7815v17 (i7-4790) / 7815v18 (i7-4790K) or later BIOS. Otherwise the cpu will not work with the motherboard. (If you have a compatible older cpu, you could install it to upgrade the BIOS.)

Well, I basically want a good and reliable MB, but also a good looking one, and in my opinion the z87 is quite cool 

This motherboard is cool and all, but meant only for extreme overclockers. Getting it for any other reason wouldn't make any sense.