My (Future) Beast of a Machine

I don't know if this board is compatible with OS X. That's my biggest selling point.

I found these post threads at tonymacx86.com:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc/comments11.html

I believe it can

I found these post threads at tonymacx86.com:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc/comments11.html

I believe it can

That post shows how to install it, however audio might not work, usb, some core component might not function.

My BattleBox Specs: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Memory, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760, Corsair C70, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Intel 330 Series 180GB & Samsung 840 Series 120GB, 3TB WD Green, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Visit kurtgrosser.com for quality content! Cheers from Canada, eh?

That post shows how to install it, however audio might not work, usb, some core component might not function.

Sorry about that, wrong link  :P

That's the one:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/100568-latest-haswell-lga1150-motherboard-info.html

Thanks for the updated link. I have read that post as well. The only problem is that is Haswell boards in General. Not all may be compatible. Would the Z77 counterpart be compatible? If it is, I might consider Ivy over Haswell.

My BattleBox Specs: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Memory, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760, Corsair C70, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Intel 330 Series 180GB & Samsung 840 Series 120GB, 3TB WD Green, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Visit kurtgrosser.com for quality content! Cheers from Canada, eh?

I also just checked the product page. It uses the Killer E2200 NIC. OS X isn't compatible with that NIC.

UPDATE (July 10th):

I am currently at a crossroad at the moment.

I have two build possibilities.

One that includes a 3570K and a GA-Z77X-UD5H and another that includes a 4670K and GA-Z87X-UD3H.

The GPU is a Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB for both.

I also have 16GB (1600MHz) of Corsair Vengeance Pro memory for both.

Which setup should I go for?

If I go with Ivy Bridge I have direct support for OS X, which is what I want.

But if I go with Haswell I could wait and have possibly work with the board I have chosen.

What do you all think I should chose?

UPDATE (July 10th):

One that includes a 3570K and a GA-Z77X-UD5H and another that includes a 4670K and GA-Z87X-UD3H.

But if I go with Haswell I could wait and have possibly work with the board I have chosen.

I don't know how long it would take for haswell mobo support for osx. Ivy isn't even that far behind other than having less sata 6gb/s ports.

Go with Ivy. It has had longer support and haswell might introduce new problems that Ivy already have had time to fix.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

UPDATE (July 10th):

I don't know how long it would take for haswell mobo support for osx. Ivy isn't even that far behind other than having less sata 6gb/s ports.

Go with Ivy. It has had longer support and haswell might introduce new problems that Ivy already have had time to fix.

Definitely go with Ivy because has great support for OS X, and buy a mSATA SSD card for that mobo. 

Here's a recommendation: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211663

Definitely go with Ivy because has great support for OS X, and buy a mSATA SSD card for that mobo. 

Here's a recommendation: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211663

I'm thinking of going with Haswell and waiting for Mavericks as it will more than likely have Haswell support.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking of going with Haswell and waiting for Mavericks as it will more than likely have Haswell support.

Thoughts?

Go with Ivy. You'll be waiting for a while for a Haswell supported OS that will more than likely have problems that will need even more time to fix.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.