EVGA GTX 660 SC SLI Lagging

TheTechGenius

I have two EVGA 2GB GTX 660 Superclocked ED running in SLI, on a Asrock Z77 Extream 4 Mobo, 16GB RAM, and an Intel i7 3770k OC @ 4.7Ghz.

After awhile of playing a game, I get some Lag or studder. Even when I watch youtube videos, or a video file. I have to restart my PC, for it to stop.

I have updated my Mobo bios, Tried different version video card drivers (310.70 and 310.90), tried turning V-Sync off, I ran a virus scan, and nothing have worked.

Does anyone have any ideas? This is my newest custom build, and i have never had this problem, usually its just a driver issue.

And I dont think its a overheating issue either, both fans on the GPUs are running at 75%, and my case has plenty of air flow.

You think maybe i have 1 or 2 defective cards? I hate to RMA PC hardware, its the longest wait ever. lol

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

Check if they are getting proper power, maybe a power cable is disconnected or something.

Are the cards too dusty? they might be overheating

The cables are good. I have even switched the PCI-E cables on the PSU to different ones, just to make sure. And I have a Corsair 850W PSU. And the Cards are not even two weeks old, so they dont have any dust, there brand new.

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

Try the cards individually. See if you notice it with either of the cards. It might be a faulty card.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Try 313.95 beta drivers

My SLI started to stutter in games under certain settings and video stuttered at fullscreen if I moved the mouse on 310.xx