Hello, I have the ASUS Z-97 Deluxe and Kingston HyperX Fury 2×8GB 1866MHz black in the BIOS everything seems to be fine but when I boot to windows the Q Code LED shows "51" in the user guide the codes 50-53 means "Memory initialization error. Invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed" I tried everything I know change DIMM slots, overclocking them to 1866 MHz instead of auto nothing happens. Boot is still kind of slow. Contacted the support they said the memory is incompatible. then I got corsair vengeance pro 2×8GB 1866MHz from the "QVL" but same problem . Now is there anything on my part I can do to make sure about what's causing the issue. is it the MB or the 4 RAMs?

post-190393-0-37636600-1426496025.png

post-190393-0-72442900-1426496031.png

post-190393-0-65001100-1426496263.jpg

It looks to be the motherboard. Have you tried updating your bios?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

whats the model number on the RAM? Do you know if its on the QVL for the mobo? (small chance)

ahhh guess i should have read the whole post. probably bad mobo. are you running all 4 DIMMS? both sets?

P.S please follow your post, so you will be notified when you get a reply.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

i think that is the CPU temp and not a post code

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

but if you are booted that means nothing it is just for post

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

whats the model number on the RAM? Do you know if its on the QVL for the mobo? (small chance)

ahhh guess i should have read the whole post. probably bad mobo. are you running all 4 DIMMS? both sets?

P.S please follow your post, so you will be notified when you get a reply.

I tried both sets separately same problem so to ease the pain I'm using both of them at the same time. Now I have 32GB of slow RAM.

It looks to be the motherboard. Have you tried updating your bios?

Three updates. I just want to make sure what's causing the problem.

Three updates. I just want to make sure what's causing the problem.

it's hard to say. But it probably is, since it doesn't recognize ram that should work.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it's hard to say. But it probably is, since it doesn't recognize ram that should work.

In the BIOS the mobo recognizes the RAMs all of them but the second I boot to windows things go south and that code appears. Could it be the CPU or windows?

In the BIOS the mobo recognizes the RAMs all of them but the second I boot to windows things go south and that code appears. Could it be the CPU or windows?

Try booting from a linux live cd/pendrive and see if anything changes, but I doubt it. If it is the cpu it would be very hard to diagnose. Do you have any friends who could let you try your ram on their motherboard to see if it works properly?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Try booting from a linux live cd/pendrive and see if anything changes, but I doubt it. If it is the cpu it would be very hard to diagnose. Do you have any friends who could let you try your ram on their motherboard to see if it works properly?

this it the first time I hear about this. But i did create a bootable USB with I think it's called ubuntu. Anyway the code appeared so that means it's not windows. Is there something I should've done in there? If not, how do I make sure it's not the CPU? if you don't know thank you anyway you helped alot so far.

this it the first time I hear about this. But i did create a bootable USB with I think it's called ubuntu. Anyway the code appeared so that means it's not windows. Is there something I should've done in there? If not, how do I make sure it's not the CPU? if you don't know thank you anyway you helped alot so far.

Diagnosing a cpu is almost impossible unfortunately unless it's overheating or showing other obvious problems. If the ram works on another system I'd still lean towards the motherboard being the problem.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*