Building for a friend, total budget of around €1800,-

Phizzix

I have experience in building pcs, but I usually have all the budget I want to go for really high end solutions and thus tend to not know much about how to work around a budget. I'm also not familiar with the AMD side of things of which I hear that they usually give more bang for your buck. We're located in Belgium, and the main website for us to get parts is Alternate.be (just mentioning this for price/availabilty). For about € 1800,- I'd like to get a laptop that runs the basic free 2 play games such as League of Legends and Team Fortress 2 and for the rest will be used in university, and then a gaming desktop that's somewhat portable. We need a windows license but we already have all the peripherals.

Getting it all built is no problem. Any suggestions?

HUUGE thanks in advance,
Phizzix

CPU Intel Core™ i7-4790K Motherboard Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA RAM 16GB DDR3-2400 Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked
Case Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage Corsair 240GB SSD + 3TB HDD PSU Corsair AX860 Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 Mx Brown US-layout Mouse Steelseries Sensei

what will you use the desktop for exactly? 

gaming?

software?

school work?

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

what will you use the desktop for exactly? 

gaming?

software?

school work?

I could've sworn I included it in there but I must've edited that out on accident. The desktop would be used to play current generation games (Far Cry 4,Shadow of Mordor, etc) comfortably (That is, not everything at max settings necessarily, but it has to run it on somewhat decent settings 60fps).

CPU Intel Core™ i7-4790K Motherboard Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA RAM 16GB DDR3-2400 Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked
Case Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage Corsair 240GB SSD + 3TB HDD PSU Corsair AX860 Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 Mx Brown US-layout Mouse Steelseries Sensei

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($98.98 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.00 @ NCIX US) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.00 @ NCIX US) 

Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($97.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $1869.69

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-14 23:28 EDT-0400

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

-snip-

Hi, I appreciate your efforts, but the goal of this project is to get a desktop and a laptop combined with that total budget of € 1800,-

Hi, I appreciate your efforts, but the goal of this project is to get a desktop and a laptop combined with that total budget of € 1800,-

Look for:

1. i5-4690k
  2. Hyper 212 CPU cooler
  3. 1x8 or 2x4Gb of RAM (it makes 0 difference which one you pick). Make sure it is 1600mhz CAS 9. Also, 1.5V or less
  4. Cheapest z97 mobo with SLI.
  5. 128gb SSD that isn't the v300.
  6. 1~2TB of HD 7200RPM 64MB.
  7. Gtx 970. The cheapest out of: MSI gaming 4g, Gigabyte Windforce/G1, Asus Strix, EVGA SSC ACX 2.0.
  8. 650w 80+Gold PSU. From Corsair (except the RM series), EVGA, XFX, Seasonic, Superflower or Rosewill. Either one will perform the same, so go with the cheapest.
  9. A nice case.
  10. Benq / Dell / Asus cheapest 1440p monitor.

If money allows, add a second gtx 970.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!