Shipping advice. Pls help

NoFrownClown

So I am shipping a build off to a friend and would like some advice on shipping it. I have a t4 on the processor and a 960 GPU. The person I am sending it to isn't very good with working in systems so I want to leave the items installed. So here is my question.

What material should I fill the case with to hold the GPU and cooler in place with? Thanks for all of your suggestions!

My Build | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S ATX LGA1151  | Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4-2400 Memory | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB & 250GB, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM, HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB 7200RPM | Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB 100 Million Edition | Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Green) | Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 

So I am shipping a build off to a friend and would like some advice on shipping it. I have a t4 on the processor and a 960 GPU. The person I am sending it to isn't very good with working in systems so I want to leave the items installed. So here is my question.

What material should I fill the case with to hold the GPU and cooler in place with? Thanks for all of your suggestions!

It's best to remove large heatsinks or GPU's and ship them pacakged up in the same box. If you must keep them in or don't want to remove them cutting some closed cell packing foam to support the GPU and heatsinks aren't a bad idea. As for the box I would suggest double boxing it with a airgap in between the boxes just for extra peace of mind.

Remove heat sink and gpu, then pack ti full of news paper. It should be fine, or at least the best you can get with shipping a pc.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Try and find the video on youtube that levelcap put up about his new pc.  it shows how origin ship their pc's, stuffed with those giant bubble wrap things

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

use tissue paper to fill in the case so parts don't move around in shipping

also get a box that says fragile in large letters

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

use tissue paper to fill in the case so parts don't move around in shipping

also get a box that says fragile in large letters

Sometimes that just makes them hit it harder :(

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

A lot of people reuse the box from the case and put the foam back on and shit with that.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

grab as much news paper as you can and pack that shit tiiight.. :/ 

dunno about making the box say 'fragile' because thers a high chance theres gonna just be some douch in the line that handles it even rougher because of that. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Well I only can say look at some of Linus's case unboxing for some great tips

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: