Is there a windows compatible linux operating system currently existent.

swidey
Go to solution Solved by swidey,

Thanks to the rest of you but i think ill just go for windows. Thanks.

So i was wondering if there is a free linux operating system that's compatible with windows. Maybe even something that has like different system folders, one for mac, one for windows and one just standard linux. So if you put a windows program in the windows system it would be able to run that program. Or even simply a linux operating system that's windows compatible. Could you please send me in the right direction,thanks

You could run virtual machines in linux if you really wanted to.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yes but virtual machines would be very slow. Also because microsoft are very popular or it doesn't look as nice to some people or something, i don't know i was just asking.  

Using the wine wrapper is your closest thing to running windows apps on linux/os x

Yes but virtual machines would be very slow. Also because microsoft are very popular or it doesn't look as nice to some people or something, i don't know i was just asking.  

That makes absolutely no sense with what Linux is. Linux is the embodiment of customizability. In terms of computers:

Windows as an OS is what a laptop is as a computer; a little bit upgradable, but not entirely modifiable.

Linux as an OS is what a desktop is as a computer; totally customizable. Do as you please. Literally, 100%.

OSX as an OS is what a mac is as a computer; not customizable post-purchase. At least reasonably.

tl;dr:

Linux is 100% customizable as you need it to be.

Windows is customizable, but not very. And when it is, it's typically kinda hacky.

OSX isn't customizable beyond in-OS.

That makes absolutely no sense with what Linux is. Linux is the embodiment of customizability. In terms of computers:

Windows as an OS is what a laptop is as a computer; a little bit upgradable, but not entirely modifiable.

Linux as an OS is what a desktop is as a computer; totally customizable. Do as you please. Literally, 100%.

OSX as an OS is what a mac is as a computer; not customizable post-purchase. At least reasonably.

tl;dr:

Linux is 100% customizable as you need it to be.

Windows is customizable, but not very. And when it is, it's typically kinda hacky.

OSX isn't customizable beyond in-OS.

Yes but people are silly. anyway i came to ask if its possible not to argue over if its reasonable to ask. most people(including myself and most likely you) dont know how to code an operating system. So its true its fully customizable but its hard to do so.

Thanks to the rest of you but i think ill just go for windows. Thanks.