Is it safe?

Trollazzer

Hello Guys,

So I've been here and there but can't find the answer for my question.. I'm about to purchase a completely whole build including processor, motherboard, case & everything online. My country doesn't have the latest things or at least the things I need. 

• Is it safe all these things online?
  • What are the risks that I may face through purchasing online?
  • I'm gonna buy through MyUs because the sites i'm using don't deliver to my country, did anyone hear bad reviews about it?
  • I'm gonna use Amazon, Newegg & NCIX US for my whole build, what do you think of them?

I would really appreciate guys even If you answered one question only.

Thanks in advance,

Nutella

• Is it safe all these things online?
  • What are the risks that I may face through purchasing online?
  • I'm gonna buy through MyUs because the sites i'm using don't deliver to my country, did anyone hear bad reviews about it?
  • I'm gonna use Amazon, Newegg & NCIX US for my whole build, what do you think of them?

Generally yes

If you're buying from well known sites then the worst that can happen is shipping damage or things getting lost in the mail.

No idea

I've heard that they're all good to buy from.

What is MyU, do you have a link?

Amazon is good, Newegg is good, NCIX is also good. There is ALWAYS customers that doesn't get what they want but normally they have good service and they actually use money for customer support! :)

And, what country are you from?

The only thing i don't like buying online is the Monitor in case something actually happens with it, it's a pain to ship back for a new monitor or similar.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Amazon is probably the best because of their return policy. I'd recommend buying a motherboard in person, since you can inspect the socket for damage before you buy it, and if a place ships you a motherboard with bent pins, only Amazon will give you a replacement.

I can vouch for MyUs, been using it for years. The prices are fair and the shipping isn't too slow. Definitely the best way to do it if local products cost a lot.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

What is MyU, do you have a link?

Amazon is good, Newegg is good, NCIX is also good. There is ALWAYS customers that doesn't get what they want but normally they have good service and they actually use money for customer support! :)

And, what country are you from?

The only thing i don't like buying online is the Monitor in case something actually happens with it, it's a pain to ship back for a new monitor or similar.

MyUs is a sort of postal service that lets you setup a mailbox in america, then they will ship those stuff anywhere in the world for you. So basically a man-in-the-middle service for getting the lower priced american products elswhere in the world. It has definitely come in handy for me in Switzerland, the prices here are nuts.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

@crunzaty you said that "There is ALWAYS customers that doesn't get what they want", what will happen if so? I won't get it or they will send again? Also, the monitor I want to get is alot cheaper online! but I may solve it.

I'm living in United Arab Emirates & here is MyUs link: http://www.MyUs.com

@Art Vandelay, The motherboard isn't available here so what is the solution now? Also, I will be getting it from Amazon!

Regards,

Nutella

Purchase from amazon if available in your country. 

Other than that any main retailer like TigerDirect, Newegg, or NCIX should be fine. Be aware of super high shipping prices. 

@Cacao so is it safe to get a monitor through them? or Dead Pixel may occur..?

EDIT: I already calculated shipping rates & everything else. Just waiting for confirmation!

@crunzaty you said that "There is ALWAYS customers that doesn't get what they want", what will happen if so? I won't get it or they will send again? Also, the monitor I want to get is alot cheaper online! but I may solve it.

I'm living in United Arab Emirates & here is MyUs link: http://www.MyUs.com

@Art Vandelay, The motherboard isn't available here so what is the solution now? Also, I will be getting it from Amazon!

Regards,

Nutella

It's just that some people is happy with the service and some aren't. All the stores you we're talking about is know for the one reason which is that they are really good and cheap! ;)

I bought my monitor online too since i got it like 25% cheaper and it's an already expensive screen so i had to go for it. (XL2420T) ^^'

Dead pixels can happen, but i know you can get the pixel "back from the dead" again. I'm not sure if it's a permanent fix tho..

* If you quote the message instead i can see that you typed to me so i can come back and answer it :)

Edited by crunzaty

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

@Cacao so is it safe to get a monitor through them? or Dead Pixel may occur..?EDIT: I already calculated shipping rates & everything else. Just waiting for confirmation!

Well the dead pixel doesn't depend on the shipping service, as long as it's packaged well that's not a problem. It's the manufacturer you should be looking at. There's no way I can predict dead pixels, but generally you should be fine. They might even have some kind of warranty that covers your dead pixels.

1. Yes

2. You might get a DOA part/parts and it will be a pain shipping your item back to the online store in order to return/exchange it because you would probably have to pay for shipping.

3. I haven't used this service so I do not know how they will pack/send your package.

4. Amazon, NCIX US, and Newegg are good sites to buy your parts from.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Okay guys, so you made me feel good now! I need just need one word from all of you guys which can confirm so I can order.

@mgsstar could you please clarify your answer for the question 2 as I'm a little bit scared after I saw it.

Okay guys, so you made me feel good now! I need just need one word from all of you guys which can confirm so I can order.

@mgsstar could you please clarify your answer for the question 2 as I'm a little bit scared after I saw it.

I think Amazon covers the shipping by printing a shipping label and sending it to them. For newegg, you would have to pay for the shipping to send it back and they will replace the defective product and send you the product back for free. If you are returning it to NCIX, you would have to pay the return shipping.

Links: http://us.ncix.com/go/?customercare#returnrma

http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/returns/homepage.html

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQSearch.aspx

(search for return shipping, read Is return shipping really unlimited and free? and Does Newegg pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise?)

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Amazon will let you return it if it arrives with bent pins, so you're good to go on that. I just avoid buying motherboards from anywhere except Canada Computers and Tiger Direct (they are the only ones within driving distance) for this reason.

@Art Vandelay, I'm getting almost everything from Amazon except these things:
NCIX US: Processor, Water cooler, SSD, & Case Fan.
Newegg: Power supply ONLY.

What do you think guys? Is there anything important you that may get broken or harm so I change to amazon? this was done by PCPartsPicker, as you know they put the lowest price, I have changed many things to Amazon tho. But I don't care if paying a little bit for safety of the parts.. so what do you think?

Oh & btw, Is there any risks from pre-ordering http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CUIVSNS/?tag=pcpapi-20? Is there any change that they change the price?

I love you all thanks <3

@Art Vandelay, I'm getting almost everything from Amazon except these things:

NCIX US: Processor, Water cooler, SSD, & Case Fan.

Newegg: Power supply ONLY.

What do you think guys? Is there anything important you that may get broken or harm so I change to amazon? this was done by PCPartsPicker, as you know they put the lowest price, I have changed many things to Amazon tho. But I don't care if paying a little bit for safety of the parts.. so what do you think?

The only thing you could possibly get screwed over with is the motherboard, or the CPU, if you have a CPU with pins on it (Intel ones don't). Everything else is hard enough to kill through user error that there is no real chance of you being screwed over. NCIX offers you to pay for additional shipping insurance, when you ship through them. The post office normally covers $100 of damage, but you can have extra coverage for a fairly small fee. I'm not sure about Newegg, but if you're only getting a single graphics card, you power supply should cost less than $100 anyway.

Also, what water cooler are you getting? I'd really only recommend getting an H100 or maybe an H80, in some circumstances. Air coolers are usually much better in terms of price to performance.

The only thing you could possibly get screwed over with is the motherboard, or the CPU, if you have a CPU with pins on it (Intel ones don't). Everything else is hard enough to kill through user error that there is no real chance of you being screwed over. NCIX offers you to pay for additional shipping insurance, when you ship through them. The post office normally covers $100 of damage, but you can have extra coverage for a fairly small fee. I'm not sure about Newegg, but if you're only getting a single graphics card, you power supply should cost less than $100 anyway.

Also, what water cooler are you getting? I'd really only recommend getting an H100 or maybe an H80, in some circumstances. Air coolers are usually much better in terms of price to performance.

If you are getting a water cooler, I would recommend a water cooling made by Asetek (search up your product to find your manufacturer) because they make great water coolers. The products that you are buying from Newegg or NCIX should be fine since these parts don't usually fail that often.

If you are getting a water cooler, I would recommend a water cooling made by Asetek (search up your product to find your manufacturer) because they make great water coolers. The products that you are buying from Newegg or NCIX should be fine since these parts don't usually fail that often.

There's nothing wrong with the Cool-it models. The H100 was made by Cool-it.

The Swiftech is the best of all the AIOs followed by the TT water 2.0 extreme.

There's nothing wrong with the Cool-it models. The H100 was made by Cool-it.

The Swiftech is the best of all the AIOs followed by the TT water 2.0 extreme.

Saw reviews that OEM Cool-it coolers were made so poorly made that they leaked. Ex: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7622498

Saw reviews that OEM Cool-it coolers were made so poorly made that they leaked. Ex: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7622498

All AIOs have failures, regardless of manufacturer. Nocturin on OCN had his Antec 920 explode and kill his system. H100s have been used for a long time, and they don't have a reputation for failure. Reviews on review sites tend to be mostly done by people who have had failures occur.