First steps into robotics?

IMPERIUS

I'm really interested into robots and I want to do something myself, make my own thing out of random parts.

I'm considering the fischertechnik (you probably didn't hear of them, they are basically legos with electrical parts and you can make small things like a car, conveyer belt and such) set but are there any other options? Something more advanced for when I get some experience?

And what would be your suggestions on how to make the first step into robotics?

Thanks

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

arduino+ motors .

https://www.adafruit.com/is a good source for tutorials. 

these tutorial series. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

There are some arduino/raspberry robot kits that could be a fun way to learn things.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Like the guys said Arduino, the community is great and there are like freaking million tutorials online and a lot of projects and kits.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

See if you can find a copy of Mind Rover: The Europa Project. It's educational software in the form of a game that teaches you how to use electronics to build robots to race and to catch each other and to navigate around rooms etc. It's a pretty old game but if you can find a copy it should help you to get a sense of what the nuts and bolts of robotics are actually like.

Admittedly it's not as cool as actually building something but it's not a bad place to start if you can find a copy.

Also, in addition: http://www.lego.com/en-us/mindstorms/?domainredir=mindstorms.lego.com

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2