Push vs Pull vs Push Pull

I heard there is no difference in performance between all the configurations, is that true? 

That's true, I recommend pushing air out of the case however.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Minimal difference. I had just push on my h105 and upgraded to push/pull, no difference in temp. However I can run my fans 200rpm slower on each side for a slightly quieter system.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

Why not pull pull so they suck air out of the radiator and with high enough RPMs create a vacuum that hyper cools the water /s  :P

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

However I can run my fans 200rpm slower on each side for a slightly quieter system.

Wouldn't 2 fans at a lower rpm be louder than 1 higher if the difference is only 200 rpm? (or 4 instead of 2)

Minimal difference. I had just push on my h105 and upgraded to push/pull, no difference in temp. However I can run my fans 200rpm slower on each side for a slightly quieter system.

Which fans do you have? Im thinking of H105 with 4x sp120 quiet editions. Other option is H100i gtx. According to kitguru sp120 quiet editions have 2 degree advantage on load compared to two fans. Same thing with performance editions and the difference is 4 degrees.

I would guess that H105 would benefit more from push/pull than H100i, because it is thicker so it requires more static pressure?

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/henry-butt/corsair-h100-h100i-performance-comparison-with-sp120-fans/4/

Also dependent on the overall airflow throughout your case, but yeah...not much difference with my H60 at least

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

I heard there is no difference in performance between all the configurations, is that true? 

push and pull are pretty much the same.

Push-pull are performs better but requires more fans and depending on your fan+rad, you may or may not be able to let it run quieter.

But the best bet is push-pull if you are seeking for high performance while being able to lower sound level.

Wouldn't 2 fans at a lower rpm be louder than 1 higher if the difference is only 200 rpm? (or 4 instead of 2)

The loudness rating in dBA is logarithm.

But the way how human ears perceive sound are not exactly the same.

Everyone will not be the same, so in reality, if fans are identical, you can start hearing the noise of 1 fan at 1200 rpm.   Two fans at 1000rpm "may sound quieter"

Besides loudness, the ambient noise/distance/motor tone can also be huge factors whether it will actually sound quieter or not.

Which fans do you have? Im thinking of H105 with 4x sp120 quiet editions. Other option is H100i gtx. According to kitguru sp120 quiet editions have 2 degree advantage on load compared to two fans. Same thing with performance editions and the difference is 4 degrees.

I would guess that H105 would benefit more from push/pull than H100i, because it is thicker so it requires more static pressure?

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/henry-butt/corsair-h100-h100i-performance-comparison-with-sp120-fans/4/

I have 4 nf-f12's from noctua. I use corsair fans in another system in my house and they work just fine. Pretty quiet while running them in lower rpm's.

I can start hearing my fans at about 600rpm, even 2 fans at that speed are louder than 4 at 200-400rpm. 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop