(amazon) Yamaha Sound Bar, Half Off $174

Tocsin_786

it looks like a sexy and sleek sound bar, compared to the prices ive seen in best buy for entry level models, this is a very good price for such a thing. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EIF0E2M/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00EIF0E2M&linkCode=as2&tag=o001b-20&linkId=RTWT7UN43DJXEIYF

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Soundbar w/o subwoofer? How many times do I have to put my hand to face today?(face palm) I'm gonna get acne.

AND thats the refurb price - do remember to mention the small details.

Soundbar w/o subwoofer? How many times do I have to put my hand to face today?(face palm) I'm gonna get acne.

at the time of posting, thats the price it showed me. and i have a soundbar w/o a sub in my upstairs living room and it sounds pretty great.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

While I'm not a fan of sound bars because they're overpriced in general, most subs at that price if it's included with something are crap anyway so not having one is a plus for me.

at the time of posting, thats the price it showed me. and i have a soundbar w/o a sub in my upstairs living room and it sounds pretty great.

Better alternatives:

HKTS 200  Prepare for incredible. Zero bloom, tight bass. Gorgeous sound. Only 200$

SB 16   Incredible in a Soundbar. I don't know why these cost more - it appears to be the same satellite speakers as above, only in a bar. Shop around and see if you can find it for less on the 'net.

Sony Soundbars. Take your pick. These are really the value segment. Truth: the Harman/Kardon soundbars are the only ones I've heard that are marginally better than Sony, under 1000$. Yamaha makes one that sells for 7000$. But with a Starting price of 279$, if you really want a soundbar, these are the best bang for the buck. Loud, crisp, tight, no bloom, no brass.

Go to an electronics store that carries these and see for yourself. We didn't carry the flat, box-shaped thing with the "integrated" subwoofer, so I can't speak for it. But I can say, for little extra money, do yourself a favor and get something with a sub.

Edit:

BTW: I really am kind of a big stereo freak. The speakers in my living room stand 34" tall and have their own built-in amplifiers. They're older, but nothing(and I mean nothing) can even come close to the sound they produce.

Better alternatives:

HKTS 200  Prepare for incredible. Zero bloom, tight bass. Gorgeous sound. Only 200$

SB 16   Incredible in a Soundbar. I don't know why these cost more - it appears to be the same satellite speakers as above, only in a bar. Shop around and see if you can find it for less on the 'net.

Sony Soundbars. Take your pick. These are really the value segment. Truth: the Harman/Kardon soundbars are the only ones I've heard that are marginally better than Sony, under 1000$. Yamaha makes one that sells for 7000$. But with a Starting price of 279$, if you really want a soundbar, these are the best bang for the buck. Loud, crisp, tight, no bloom, no brass.

Go to an electronics store that carries these and see for yourself. We didn't carry the flat, box-shaped thing with the "integrated" subwoofer, so I can't speak for it. But I can say, for little extra money, do yourself a favor and get something with a sub.

Edit:

BTW: I really am kind of a big stereo freak. The speakers in my living room stand 34" tall and have their own built-in amplifiers. They're older, but nothing(and I mean nothing) can even come close to the sound they produce.

sony sound bars are really great. their latest one they release (thats like double or triple the price) sounds like its actually 5 speakers around a room working but its just a single sound bar.