Is my CPU too hot?

Hey guys, I'm new here and I apologize if this topic is posted somewhere else or already answered. Also I should add I'm a tech noob so be gentle :). So I built my own rig a few years ago and I recently downloaded HWMonitor & CPU-Z and took a look at my temps and it kind of got me worried. I feel like my CPU is running pretty hot under moderate stress..I didn't run a benchmark or anything because I don't play much on this PC other than BF4 and some WoW nor overclock anything. The numbers below are from moderate stress in a high intensive area in the game under max settings in World of Warcraft. GFX is a R9270X 4gb. Are these numbers semi-normal or are my cpu temps way too high?

cpuheat.jpg 11041760_10155295873980553_6040626579998

Seems good but...

4790k With a 270x?

Yeah the card was given to me and it's the only one I have currently.

What case is that and what other fans do you currently have in it? You may want to add additional fans in order to ensure adequate airflow, especially since that GPU cooler is actually going to recirculate hot air unless there's an adequate enough intake to push the warmer air out.

Another option as well that might help is to actually rotate your CPU cooler so it's blowing up if possible, pushing up toward the open vent holes on the top of your case.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Turning the CPU cooler will help, so definitely do that. Also consider adding another fan in the front intake if you haven't already to get more airflow coming into the case.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Hey I have you on steam, what a coincidence... 

You recruited me to edge gamers in half life 2 I think

EDIT: to keep it on topic, your CPU temps do look a bit high. my 4790K @ 4.4 with stock cooling never goes above 60. You did mention the rig is a few years old, it's possible that your thermal compound has worn out, especially if you used the stuff that came with your cooler. 

Specs: i7 4790k, r9 280 windforce OC, 8gb hyperx fury 1866 RAM, z97 PC Mate, 256gb mx100, black pearl r4, 2tb WD Red (soon)

If the pc is a few years old now i would re-apply thermal compound and rotate cooler.

Hey I have you on steam, what a coincidence... 

You recruited me to edge gamers in half life 2 I think

EDIT: to keep it on topic, your CPU temps do look a bit high. my 4790K @ 4.4 with stock cooling never goes above 60. You did mention the rig is a few years old, it's possible that your thermal compound has worn out, especially if you used the stuff that came with your cooler. 

Lol no shit, what's your steam name? I think a CPU cooler change and some new thermal paste would be a fix.

Sooooo I did a little fixing and here are the new temps under the same stress as before. Left is before the fix and right is after. Thanks for the help gentlemen, greatly appreciated! compare%20-%20Copy.jpg

Yeah those are looking much better. What did you do, out of curiosity?

Changed the orientation of my CPU cooler since I'm an idiot and had it the wrong direction -_- and applied new IC Diamond thermal paste. 

Changed the orientation of my CPU cooler since I'm an idiot and had it the wrong direction -_- and applied new IC Diamond thermal paste. 

Awesome job dude! That's a nice little cooler too, had one in my old rig for a few years.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic