Home Theater Build for my Grandparents

Hey,
I am building a home theater PC for my grandparents. I have built quite a few PCs before so I don't really need much help with picking the CPU/power supply or that kind of thing. But rather, I need help trying to achieve some of the more specific goals of this build; especially because this is my first HTPC (I don't watch a lot of movies or TV)

Objectives of overall system:
1. Sound must come out of a speaker and a pair of wireless headphones SIMULTANEOUSLY when they are watching regular TV or Netflix

2. Outputs to existing TV via HDMI
3. Watch regular TV (hdmi from cable box)
4. Watch Netflix

5. Shop on Amazon 

6. BONUS: They should not have to press the TV Source button to switch back and forth between PC and regular TV
7. IF the video goes through the PC, the default thing shown on the PC should be the TV signal

DVR functionality/storage is not needed.

The reason for objective #1 (audio out to both speaker and headphone) is that my grandpa is hard of hearing while my grandma is not. A volume which he can hear sufficiently is too loud for her... please don't say he should get hearing aids, he already has them and refuses to wear them.

Basically, the crux of this build, and where I need help is either the video card or the sound card. HDMI pass through would be nice, but from what I've researched that is not much of an option so I guess I'll need a sound card that will work in the appropriate way?

Also, I am open to suggestions on wireless headphones. They should be fairly premium. Comfort and volume adjust options are very important, sound quality much less so.

This is going to be a one speaker system, it should be a PC speaker, but something with an internal amplifier and loud enough for a TV. Looking for advice here as well.

As for the case, I am thinking either the lian li PC-Q19 or the PC-05 (I'd buy the PC-07 in a heart beat for my upcoming personal build if it supported SLI) , but if you have a different opinion, I'd like go with a large mini-itx case (that still looks more like a cable box than a PC).

Thanks for your time and advice!  B) 

Additional Info:
* TV is already bought, it's 1080p, four HDMI in available
* Cable box has optical audio out and hdmi out
* Budget is not much of a concern here, not that I want to spend money unnecessarily... just don't think this build needs to do much so that leaves money left over for where it is needed.
* Targeting a large mini-itx build. But open to micro-atx too.

And to summarize what I need advice for:
* Sound card or mobo with inputs and outputs and setting the computer up to leverage them properly
* Wireless Headphone selection
* Speaker selection

* Also appreciated but not necessary: opinions on wireless keyboard and case

Any low-mid range gpu will do, HDMI is fairly standard. 

As for the audio I am not quite sure

So you can do most of the audio stuff with VAC if the article is accurate:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Audio_Cable

I might make my own app to make the PC easier to use, might post it here too if we are allowed to post exes.

Still looking for suggestions on headphones and speakers. Also a sound card with the appropriate inputs and outputs.

And if anyone know a way to do HDMI pass through as well that'd be great!

Just plastidip your grandpa's hearding aids, add some cool stickers and tell him it's the latest wireless heaphones, where all youngins are rocking it. :P

About your goals for this build...

What I picture in my head is, this HTPC is connected to the livingroom's HDTV via HDMI, Is that's how it's going to be? If it is then

1. Sound must come out of a speaker and a pair of wireless headphones SIMULTANEOUSLY when they are watching regular TV or Netflix

Most onboard audio lets you set independent audio channels. By default the back gets disable when the front is plugged in. By disabling this option, when the front is plugged in the back will always stay on. If you're connecting the HTPC to the HDTV via HDMI, then sound will come out directly from the HDTV's speakers. This eliminates the need for you to buy the speakers and just grab a headphones. Unless you still want extra speakers you can still do so, by using the standard 3.5mm jack. Take a look at some of the wireless headphones for PCs. Majority of them are Bluetooth. Not sure if you can have audio come out from both the speakers and bluetooth at the same time, since windows will only let you select 1 audio output source. A few years ago I had done something similar, hooked up my PC with dual monitors, one was a HDTV connected via HDMI and a regular PC monitor connected via DVI. I was able to play a show on the HDTV for my parents to watch, whlie I play my games on my main monitor. The sound was independent from each other as well, they hear what the show is saying from the TV speakers, while I can hear my game play through my headphones.

This one might fit your needs?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826159406&cm_re=wireless_headphones-_-26-159-406-_-Product

2. Outputs to existing TV via HDMI

Current motherboard onboard video outputs will have VGA, DVI, and HDMI, some premium models will also have display port. On a discrete graphic card it's just DVI, HDMI, and Display Port.

If your looking for old style connectors then you might have to find some converter cables that converts the current outs to RCA or Component.

3. Watch regular TV (hdmi from cable box)

The cable box needs to be connected directly to your HDTV and not through the computer. HDMI on the computer is output not input. If you want to connect your cablebox to the HTPC, then what you'll need is a TV tuner card with HDMI input and those things are last time I've checked non-existant or extremely expensive. Maybe their prices have dropped?

4. Watch Netflix

5. Shop on Amazon 

Amazon is browsed from the computer and shouldn't Netflix as well?

6. BONUS: They should not have to press the TV Source button to switch back and forth between PC and regular TV

Not possible

7. IF the video goes through the PC, the default thing shown on the PC should be the TV signal

Not able to understand what you're trying to say here. If the HTPC is connect to the HDTV via HDMI, then that will be the main signal.

Here is also a keyboard with a built in trackpad, great for your grandparents to use when sitting from the couch.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r?crid=26

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list