Grid+ fan control question

dfsdfgfkjsefoiqzemnd

After a whole night of messing with Akasa PWM splitters that didn't allow any PWM control, I gave in and looked at other options.  Currently considering a Grid+ for 5 of my 8 case fans.  (yes, I know I'll only have voltage control, but so be it)

Here's the thing : I want those 5 fans to stay OFF until the CPU reaches 55°C and then kick in (the other 3 will be on a regular fan profile via the motherboard's 4-pin headers). 

Does the Grid+'s software allow that?  I've watched a few reviews, but haven't seen anyone set up a curve like that.  (probably because no sane person puts so much cooling in a case)

Does the Grid+'s software allow that?  I've watched a few reviews, but haven't seen anyone set up a curve like that.  (probably because no sane person puts so much cooling in a case)

Honestly, CAM is, and always has been, trash.

"Rawr XD"

Negative, Every fan hooked up to the grid will run on the one fan curve.

Try using a 3 way PWM splitter cable and a 2 Way splitter and have your 2 zones of fans running separated motherboard fan curves

Not sure, but corsair's commander mini does recognise the fans separately.

Having them all on the same curve is not a problem.  I could run the 3 "always on" fans off the motherboard and the other 5 off the Grid+

However it looks like I'm in luck.  MSI support got back to me today to inform me that each header on my Z77A-GD65 Gaming supports 12W, which translates to 1A.  According to BeQuiet, the Silent Wings 2 (120 as well as 140mm) draws up to 0.2A.  Theoretically that does allow for 5 fans per header, which means I can go for my  5 + 3 idea.