Help with audio setup

Hi, so i'm looking for an audio solution for my current computer setup. I have speakers (Logitech z623) connected to the onboard audio on my motherboard (Asus Maximus IV gene-z) using a 3.5mm audio cable. When using my headphones, I plug them into the 3.5mm audio passthrough jack on one of the speakers. This seemed to work for a while however, the audio quality when using headphones has degraded recently and I was wondering what the best external amp/dac combo would help to solve this problem. I am looking for a way to plug both my headphones and speaker system to an amp/dac which is connected to my pc via 3.5mm cables and easily switch between the outputs without having to mess around in settings or do any unplugging. Any suggestions for under $100 as well as advice on how to set up a system in such a manner would be appreciated! 

Thanks, 

do you have front audio ports on your case?

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

What Weez is suggesting is that you just use your front panel connectors for your headphones, and use the speakers as normal. That's definitely going to be the most cost effective solution, but the cable doesn't always reach to the front of the case. If you haven't already, I would try that, just to be sure that it isn't your headphones slowly dying. 

Otherwise, 

This: http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-HA400-BEHRINGER-MICROAMP/dp/B000KIPT30/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425792041&sr=8-2&keywords=headphone+box

Or

This: http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PHA40-4-Channel-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B003M8NVFS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1425792041&sr=8-3&keywords=headphone+box

Note: You'll also probably have to pick up some 1/4" to 1/8" adapters (The big headphone jack to the small one), but those should be $2-3 each, so it should all fit very well within your budget. 

Hopefully that's what you needed :) Let me know if I misunderstood. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

My favorite cheapo solution is the Syba DAC. Monoprice Desktop Amplifier is beefier if you want to spend your full budget.