Windows 8 power options bricked?

Charger

Ever since i ran amd's driver uninstall utility i have not been able to do somethings in my windows 8 install. The first thing i noticed is that i do not have permission to change the time in windows and the second thing is that i can not get in to advanced power options as it says "Your power plan information isn't available". I have tried a few things that i have seen suggested and have not had any results and i really don't want to re-install windows altogether. I have also noticed that my computer has been freezing sometimes(may be every time hard to tell) when my computer hibernates but I'm not sure if that is related to this or not.  

AMD states that the Uninstall Utility is only for Windows 7.

This indicates to me that the program simple delete files, and deletes registry entries without searching to make sure to delete the right thing. So it probably deleted stuff related to your account, and not the drivers. Brilliant I know.

Anyway, enable the Administrator account in Windows,

http://www.wintips.org/enable-administrator-windows-8-windows-7/

Log-in to it, make a new account with Admin privileges, then switch to that account, and transfer your personal files from your old broken account to the new one. Then copy over C:\users\<OLD Account\AppData (AppData is a hidden folder), over the same location, but on your new account.

Restart, and disable the Admin account that you just enable.

If that doesn't work, then you'll need re-install Windows.

You can try opening the command prompt as Administrator, and type: sfc /scanow, (hit enter key after) and once done restart the computer, and cross your fingers, but I highly doubt it will work, as it's not Windows system file broken, just your account security was compromised so Windows locked down your account for security purposes.

AMD states that the Uninstall Utility is only for Windows 7.

This indicates to me that the program simple delete files, and deletes registry entries without searching to make sure to delete the right thing. So it probably deleted stuff related to your account, and not the drivers. Brilliant I know.

ya found that out the hard way. Well none of that worked. I was able to turn on the administrator account and that allowed me to change the time but didn't fix anything. I was unable to make a new account as well it just wouldn't open the user account options i could get into the category but none of the links in the control panel for user accounts  worked once in the user account category. 

sfc /scanow didn't run in admin account just told me what it was but didn't run but in my normal account it does running cmd as admin but doesn't find anything wrong

wonder if windows 8 can do a repair install and fix this

You might be able to bring your computer back in time, by doing a system restore

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/products/features/system-restore

If that doesn't work, then in Windows 8, you can refresh Windows. Open PC Settings (Win+I > Change PC Settings), go under General, and at the bottom (you might need to scroll) you'll see 2 options to reset Windows 8 to it's original state. Pick the one that you prefer.

Well you had something that deleted the restore point.. perhaps a cleaning software you used. In any case, I gues syou have no choice to re-install.

i think it also related to amd driver utility it was probably the last time i restarted the computer until the new restore point was created its a bout a 20 days after i ran the utility. I'm sure it was that but i cant think of anything else other then uplay and origin that i have installed after that