Laptop Suggestion in need! Help!

I'm in the looks for a laptop for video editing, some VFX work, 3DS Max, and slight gaming.  I know what kind of hardware I need (i7, 16gb RAM, some Nvidia M version GTX, lots of storage space, preferably an SSD paired with an HHD), but I want to hear some experiences from people.

I'm not currently keeping my eye on any laptop, at the moment I'm just looking for suggestions.  I would like a laptop about the same portability as a Mac Book Pro, but NOT a Mac Book Pro.  I'm a windows type of guy.  The thing I'm most concerned with is cooling.  It would SUCK to have a laptop melt down while doing some intense renders.

I read somewhere that the some i7's download when they are under intense stress (like while rendering).  If that's true, of course I wouldn't want something like that.

Btw, I've built a rendering rig.  I just need something portable.

Do you have any budget?

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

I'm in the looks for a laptop for video editing, some VFX work, 3DS Max, and slight gaming.  I know what kind of hardware I need (i7, 16gb RAM, some Nvidia M version GTX, lots of storage space, preferably an SSD paired with an HHD), but I want to hear some experiences from people.

I'm not currently keeping my eye on any laptop, at the moment I'm just looking for suggestions.  I would like a laptop about the same portability as a Mac Book Pro, but NOT a Mac Book Pro.  I'm a windows type of guy.  The thing I'm most concerned with is cooling.  It would SUCK to have a laptop melt down while doing some intense renders.

I read somewhere that the some i7's download when they are under intense stress (like while rendering).  If that's true, of course I wouldn't want something like that.

Btw, I've built a rendering rig.  I just need something portable.

You can get that easily.

You can also get a decently thin machine which can do it.

HQ i7s have an inborne TDP limit that cannot be passed. If your action (like rendering) surpasses that TDP limit, it will downclock until it's only at a certain max TDP.

Undervolting stretches the TDP further, but there is no way to guarantee your max undervolt is high, and HQ CPUs are soldered to the board.

You can easily get a slightly larger model that will have either a MQ chip which you can adjust its max load draw OR a desktop chip (like an i5-4690K or i7-4790K). Either one will require you to do a little bit of setting up via Intel XTU or via your BIOS (if you're willing to buy from a certain company that's partnered with Prema, or if you install Prema's BIOS on your system after getting it).

No laptop I suggest to you will overheat once we get it set up correctly. Larger ones obviously have better cooling. The desktop-CPU using ones also have impeccable CPU cooling. If it DOES, it means your heatsink is not good, and you can get it replaced under warranty without issue.

Either way, the first and foremost thing we'd need is a budget, a preferred screen size and the country you wish to get it in.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

My budget will preferably be somewhere around 1k-2k.  Screen size doesn't matter to me as long as it is 1920x1080.  I currently reside in the US, so that's where I'm getting it.