Bottlenecks?

Felix0411
Go to solution Solved by TheKDub,

Thank you

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qDH7gs

Thats what I managed to scrape together, I'm not very familiar with AMD's APUs, so for a build using one of those someone else would need to do it.

I have had a somewhat personal experience with the EVGA 750ti (that same model), as one of my cousins uses it in his PC, honestly that card is a little beast.

Hello

I am purchasing parts for an upcoming budget PC build, and I am wondering whether these two components are in any way completely "wrong" in terms of their capabilities; will they "bottleneck"?

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition (with 4/8 GB or RAM. Best amount?)

GPU: ASUS R7250-1GD5

Please tell me if one of these components is too powerful for the other, meaning one is lagging behind.

Thanks

"The FPS I got was this big!"

Could you send us the permalink for the budget build? and also tell us what your budget and intended usage is?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well, I have a budget of under 450 USD and I do not have a PCPartPicker or other link.

Both are rather low end tbh. Neither will be bottlenecked by the other.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

If you already have the Motherboard then stay with CPU's with the AM2 + socket (even though it is kinda shoddy). If not go with an Intel CPU. 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Well, I have a budget of under 450 USD and I do not have a PCPartPicker or other link.

alright, now whats your intended usage?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

alright, now whats your intended usage?

Most likely low-end gaming, no Crysis or Far Cry 4.

Both are rather low end tbh. Neither will be bottlenecked by the other.

I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Why are you creating a post for every question you have? And asking the same RAM question, create a proper thread with all your questions !

I really don't have an excuse, sorry. I'm pretty new to custom PCs?

Most likely low-end gaming, no Crysis or Far Cry 4.

What games do you want to be able to play? and at what resolution, framerate, and settings?

What games do you want to be able to play? and at what resolution, framerate, and settings?

Medium settings, above 30fps, single 1080p, mostly flights sims etc. and occasionally stuff like CS:GO (sadly).

Medium settings, above 30fps, single 1080p, mostly flights sims etc. and occasionally stuff like CS:GO (sadly).

Medium>30-50FPS>1080p

260x or higher.

250/X may not be powerful enough for 1080p titles, 720-900p maybe, but moving upwards to 1080p your gunna need more for 'most titles'.

In CS:Go it'll be fine, but probably not for flight sims or more demanding titles.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You'd probably be able to get away with the intel hd 4600 integrated graphics, though a dedicated gpu will always be a better choice.

or even better than that on the integrated graphics route would be one of AMD's APUs.

I'll try putting something together for you, give be about 5 mins.

You'd probably be able to get away with the intel hd 4600 integrated graphics, though a dedicated gpu will always be a better choice.

or even better than that on the integrated graphics route would be one of AMD's APUs.

CS:GO maybe...  but more demanding titles (FlightSims) require more power (usually more CPU than GPU I know...but not always), and OP has not stated 100% that he won't be playing more demanding titles.

However true - The HD4600 will be good for super lightweight titles yes.

APU's.... sounds like a sweet spot if not using a dedicated GPU.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thank you

Thank you

Thats what I managed to scrape together, I'm not very familiar with AMD's APUs, so for a build using one of those someone else would need to do it.

I have had a somewhat personal experience with the EVGA 750ti (that same model), as one of my cousins uses it in his PC, honestly that card is a little beast.

I guess the parts sort of answer my question, they are all similar scope. Thanks.

Here's a couple options.

1) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RPpzsY

The only reason to go with this build over one with the 860k is that this has a small upgrade path. You can get an i5, but after that, you'll need a new power supply if you were to decide to get a new GPU. This rig is nothing impressive, but if you're not looking to upgrade without building a new machine entirely, this may be fine, and supports newer technologies than the 860k. You also have better streaming options with Intel's Quick Sync.

2) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NsGbZL

This is actually designed with upgrades in mind, considering... it doesn't have a dedicated GPU. R9 290X or GTX 970, this should be able to accept both cards if you come across the necessary funds to upgrade. The i5 should not bottleneck high end GPUs like the 970.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.