Old HDD data to new HDD?

JackBlack

I finished building my brand new PC a few hours ago, I'm just finished installing all my drivers, windows updates, etc. onto my SSD... What I'm trying to do is transfer all the files and programs, whatever.. that I have on my old HDD onto my new HDD... How exactly am I supposed to do that? I only want certain programs and stuff, not windows... Any help for a newbie?

Hello there, @JackBlack

There is quite a number of cloning/migrating and back up software programs out there that you can use to do this. 
I personally use Acronis True Image for this purpose, because it lets you select manually the stuff you wish to clone/backup.

However, you just got your brand new PC and system up and running, so I'd strongly recommend re-installing your software apps and programs from the old system. 

This is a different computer, a different motherboard, so starting everything from scratch is the best way to avoid any compatibility issues with the programs from your old HDD.  

Hope I was helpful!

Let me know if you have any more questions! :)

SuperSoph_WD

I hope I can help with any storage issues that you may have!  ;) 

I second what SuperSoph says: Keep your new computer new; Re-Install the programs you want, and then transfer specific files as needed.(Address Books, Config Files, etc)