2 Way Crossfire R9 280x worth it?

honestly im not sure, even with a 750w i felt i was pushing it but i have talked to couple other people who ran 8350 with 2 280x's on a 750w but again the one i had was a 80+ bronze which could have helped it. but it worked great and i never had a problem with it. (i also dont oc gpus either)

i still use the 750w with dual 280x but on a 4770k now which uses less watts than a oc'd 8350.

the math is however, around 250w for each gpu = 500 watt and maybe 200w for a 8350 around 4.8 which is 700w, sometimes gpus can go higher under extreme load you could guess around 300 watts a piece which is where the 80+ thing comes in and helps. sometimes it might not even use 250 a piece and sometimes the cpu could use alot less wattage....so its a close call really.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

My previous rig has 2 R9 280x and a 4670k (all on stock) on a 750w seasonic m12ii evo and haven't experience any problem. I  guess it depends on your psu if its a high quality psu, you can try.

And yes, if your happy with your current setup, you don't need to upgrade but if you really want to for more power and for the looks (them gpus in your rig) then go just make sure your psu can handle it.

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).